And so it begins (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CondeCruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
Well I bought a '78 FJ40 back in November of last year. I've been busy working on my garage over the winter and finally got it done enough to start my build! So today I started tear down and got the P/S rear quater panel on.

Heres my 40 when I got. only thing it was missing is the fuse box cover and rear jumps.
DSC01493.jpg
DSC01494.jpg
DSC01496.jpg

Today I made huge progress. Got the tub braced up and started drilling spot welds. I bought some rear quarters from a fellow Mudder about two weeks ago. They are made by Heritage sheet metal. I did some modification to them and they fit pretty good.
Got the sill and D/S quater to do next weekend.
DSC01555.jpg
DSC01557.jpg
DSC01563.jpg

Looks good man, Im keep going back and forth between just panels and a sill, and the IPOR half tub.... looking more like the half tub cuz you keep snagging all the good stuff before I can get to it. :) I will have to keep an eye on your progress to help me decide........

Got the D/S quater on last weekend and the rear sill mocked into place. Going to get the rear floor done this weekend hopefully.
DSC01586.jpg
DSC01585.jpg
DSC01584.jpg

Don't forget to flip that bezel during re-assembly.

Got the rear floor out yesterday. Gonna wire wheel everything before stuff goes back on. Also waiting on my rear bed support to come so I can replace it as well. Should be here next week.
DSC01592.jpg
DSC01593.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom