Amateur help - locating clutch fork (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all
I have a squeaking clutch when releasing, seems to be when cruiser is off (maybe I just can't hear over 2H).
I want to first grease the clutch fork first to see if that helps, but I have no-idea where that sucker is and don't want to start unbolting anything.
Cruiser is HJ60 with H55 transmission.
Can anyone point me in the right direction :)
Thanks

Inside the bell housing the fork sits on a pivot ball that is bolted through the bell housing itself.

Pull off the inspection cover and check it out. Have someone work the clutch pedal while you examine. Space is minimal up there but you should be able to get some grease on it.

HTH

The clutch is between the engine and the transmission. If you have someone sit in the cab pushing the clutch pedal, with you underneath the truck you should be able to readily see where the fork is. You might have to remove the side plate. Also as stated above, there is an inspection plate on the bottom of the bell housing that can be removed to see inside the bell housing for inspecting the clutch, etc.

Thanks guys!

Is it coming from inside the cab or outside underneath the cab ...it is possible the return spring on the pedal or the pedal itself could be what you are hearing.
The fork pivots off a ball which should not cause any noise.

yes my return spring on the pedal under the dash squeaks like hell...so far I've been too lazy to hit the spring with some type of lubricant.

Yeah, I would go with checking the return spring on the inside connected to the pedal instead of the fork. Some general purpose grease should quiet things down. I just can't see how the fork could make a squeak unless the Throw out Bearing was going out and that's what you were hearing. I never heard one squeak though, ringing or grinding maybe.

Sounds like its outside, I'll get someone to work it while I'm under there and try figure out what it is.

I seem to have the same issue with my h55. Found this during a search and it's like when the internet goes out 2/3rds of the way through a movie you're watching! No resolution. Any advice for how to fix a similar squeak?

Make sure you have the parking brake on while you are under the car, especially with someone pressing the clutch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom