FJ60 Master Clutch Replacement Part Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,
I recently had what I thought was a blown out master clutch cylinder. I ordered a new Aisin CMT012 from Rock Auto and installed it. I tightened it down and went to bleed it and noticed it was leaking terribly from the fitting. I took it back off and compared to the old MC and noticed the threads were not nearly as deep on the new one in comparison to the old one, meaning it wasnt sealing off properly.
I am returing the new Aisin part but not sure which other part to exchange out from Rock Auto? I thought Aisin was best, but wasnt sure if anyone had thoughts? Thanks!

That's the correct Clutch MC (if your sig line is what you bought the MC for). Could be a mistake with the machining. Does it otherwise match the removed MC? Brake lines changed?

Aisin is what would come in the Toyota box, so hard to say what's up with yours without pix.

did you ever figure out what was the problem? i just ordered a Aisin cmt012 as well and was wondering if it was a mistake for the fj60 1984. Also got the crt019 slave cylinder from aisin

I started rebuilding everything ( master cylinder, slave cylinder, brakes, clutch etc…) a few years back, on everything I own Chevy, ford, Toyota, Case, cat, etc. takes a little bit more time but everything fits and it saves a few $$.

Saves the bs the OP is going through, been there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom