Am I crazy to buy a 2020 Landcruiser? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I will hopefully be picking it up tomorrow. I am lucky that they have 2 to pick from either white or silver. They both look nice but I feel like the white is a rare color and looks pretty cool. So that may be the one.

White, Black and Midnight Grey are very common where I live. Silver was the unique one. Love my grey.

...Its not turbo. ...
In my book, that's a good thing. I don't need something spinning at 10,000 rpms to get me on the highway.

Enjoy the last of "a dying breed" while you can.

I think silver is the rarer color. White is the most common car color and I have seen 20-1 white to silver cruisers

I still think gray is the best but my wife prefers it so I am stuck with the black one

go with whatever you think is best
good luck and enjoy
John

I will hopefully be picking it up tomorrow. I am lucky that they have 2 to pick from either white or silver. They both look nice but I feel like the white is a rare color and looks pretty cool. So that may be the one.
Congratulations Boston!!! I don't think you'll ever regret getting the LC coming from Merc World... I have to say, I was never a big fan of white cars, but the blizzard pearl is a beautiful multi-stage paint that really picks up dramatic highlights and background tonal values... When the blizzard white is clean and in dramatic lighting or in contrasting conditions (sunsets, dark storm clouds vs sun light bursting) the paints highly refractive characteristics really carry through and displays an amazing palette of complimentary colors. It's a Lexus color on a Toyota no charge, Merc would charge you $1,200+ for it... LOL... Bye, bye Merc!!!

Enjoy!!!

I'd like to know what he did for suspension upgrade without changing ride height. Hopefully they'll publish more video on his build.

Also curious about the suspension.

And a little annoyed that a major magazine is parroting “no LandCruiser after 2021” as though it’s a confirmed fact.. there was ONE report and toyota hasn’t said anything else.

Also curious about the suspension.

And a little annoyed that a major magazine is parroting “no LandCruiser after 2021” as though it’s a confirmed fact.. there was ONE report and toyota hasn’t said anything else.

I haven't done the suspension yet, we literally JUST bought it. Trying to drive a few different setups first, before deciding what to do.

And I'm not parroting anything. Jonny and I used to work together at Jalopnik, I know and trust his reporting, and if he says they're going to cancel it, then at least at the time of his reporting, that was correct information.

Cool. A celebrity. Will you be doing a follow up video for Outside or independently?

I ended up going for it and purchased the 2020 blizzard pearl. The drive home was awesome, definitely feel back at home in a truck like this. Beat from a long day of driving and getting it all together. I will share pictures tomorrow when day light again but I wanted to say thanks again for the help and words of support!

Cool. A celebrity. Will you be doing a follow up video for Outside or independently?

LOL. Yeah, all that was just an intro to the project. We'll be doing videos across the next year on it. Then less regularly as we do neat things in the truck.

First things first, my Ranger should be wrapped at the body shop this week or next and I need to get that project wrapped so we can take it on our wedding/honeymoon trip to todos santos in March.

I haven't done the suspension yet, we literally JUST bought it. Trying to drive a few different setups first, before deciding what to do.

And I'm not parroting anything. Jonny and I used to work together at Jalopnik, I know and trust his reporting, and if he says they're going to cancel it, then at least at the time of his reporting, that was correct information.

Who is doing stock-height these days? I’d be very interested as keeping the rig low is a major goal for me.

Adding “reportedly” into that statement at the time seems appropriate.

Yeah don't buy it. Doug Demuro hates it, the LX570 which is the same car as the 2020 Land Cruiser. Its a 13 year old platform, basically one of the oldest new cars you can buy off the lot new. Its $90k also for a 13 year old car. The 8 speed trans is jerky and pretty awful. It has a solid rear axle, the same stuff $20k base pickup trucks use. Doesn't have adjustable suspension - all luxury SUVs have that except for the LC200. Its not turbo. Only comes with 18 inch wheels, look at any other $90k SUV, you'd be getting 20, 22s minimum.

Get a G-wagen instead, or a Q8, Navigator, or a Range Rover.

If you want a car good in snow, then you could literally buy any car, even FWD cars, available off the lot, put on Nokian Hakkapaelittas on them, and it will handle better than a LC200 brand new off the lot on OEM Dunlops.

Doug Demuro is very far from any type of expert on anything automotive. He's out to get youtube clicks. Most of his reviews have at least one piece of overlooked or misrepresented info.

What depreciation?

The 200s hold their value well, but up here in the great white north, I got my '14 LX570, with 38,000km on the clock, for a hair under 50% of the original price, which was paid four years earlier. Losing $60k CAD in four years is pretty significant for most people. Cruisers depreciate less than the LXs, but even so...

Who is doing stock-height these days? I’d be very interested as keeping the rig low is a major goal for me.

Adding “reportedly” into that statement at the time seems appropriate.

Here's a link to the actual article. There's room there for a bit more nuance:

Icon has some zero height options, but looking at custom solutions as well.

What depreciation?
When I sold Porsche years ago in undergrad they trained us to point out that a Porsche was an investment since it depreciated less than any other new car. I was always amazed how many people wanted to believe it. And Similar to @eatSleepWoof said I bought my 1 year old LX for $20k off a new one.

Here's a link to the actual article. There's room there for a bit more nuance:

Icon has some zero height options, but looking at custom solutions as well.

I’ll be watching closely. To my knowledge most people running icon end up with at least an inch, though that might be manageable.

Also I think LX570 came with a lower profile roof rack than what came on our cruisers, so that may be an option with your goals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom