Am I an idiot for selling my 100 for a new defender? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you could, I'd say keep your 100 as a secondary vehicle. Looks like you have the opportunity to trade them in twice a year, which means they will be well under warranty during your ownership, so the repair costs would be minimum.
Yea. May want to keep the hundy to drive while you wait for rover to be repaired.

Yes. Why not a 200 or even a LX600?

Not sure why you'd buy a new Defender when you can get a new Grenadier soon.

View attachment 3045975
Lol. This is gonna flop like Rivian.

This blasphemy doesn't deserve three pages. Gracious.

Lol. This is gonna flop like Rivian.
Why would it flop? They got a lot of things right imo. And not sure why Rivian and the Grenadier would even be in the same sentence, very little in common.

Last edited:
The answer for "new off road SUV" was "Bronco", OP messed up.
As long as you are willing to deal with "legendary" Ford build quality and are ok to replace an occasional engine or two ;)

Hoping you are not an "ID10T" for selling your 100.
You got a good reason for buying a Land Rover because you are working there.
I don't think we are idiots for keeping ours :)
Good luck, stay involved with this group.

As long as you are willing to deal with "legendary" Ford build quality and are ok to replace an occasional engine or two ;)
Pfft.

That would have been a good first response to the thread, just swapping out brand names 😄

We're talking about a Land Rover product. Absolutely yes I would rather have the Ford build quality and reliability.

I'm thinking that the OP is keeping a tally of time spent by Mudders on replying to this thread, and cackling about it with his very busy friends in the service department at the Rover dealership... They probably have a contest going to see what brand enthusiasts are the most incensed at the notion of buying a Land Rover. After all they know they are sitting on a gold mine since there are plenty of :censor: with too much money... :)

You might compare the number of TSBs between the two just for kicks.

yes

@e9999 and @Trunk Monkey can we please get this moved to Chat where it can get real fun answers? it has nothing to do with the tech seciton.

Truck arrived and it’s pretty sweet:

2974453D-7BBE-49C1-A5E7-0E3D6B28F1E1.jpeg

Over and under on this thing being in the shop for something serious within the first 2 months?

Do they look cool? Absolutely, LR has always made cool looking SUV's. Are they 75-100k+ cool? Eh. Are they reliable? No, even Land Rover admits that now. But hey, at least the resell is great on them...

I have both a new Defender and a 100 series myself. No need for LR hating. It is not a secret that Toyota is the reliability king. I have owned many Toyotas and still do. The 200 series market is out of control since Covid and obviously went nuts now that you cannot buy a new one. Used pricing has been out of control so no thanks. If the Defender turns out to be a POS I will sell it and move. I really like it so far. Good business write off too. lol

Truck arrived and it’s pretty sweet:

View attachment 3146841
Not a LR forum I realize but nice 18"s Toyo MTs on a P400. I assuming you ground down the rear calipers or did it the right way by a doing a rear caliper swap. Looks good. I went 265/70 R18 Toyo AT3s. Big improvement. Nice rig but the other guys are right. Keep the 100 too.

Over and under on this thing being in the shop for something serious within the first 2 months?

Do they look cool? Absolutely, LR has always made cool looking SUV's. Are they 75-100k+ cool? Eh. Are they reliable? No, even Land Rover admits that now. But hey, at least the resell is great on them...
Can we add a parlay on an electrical fire or ECU brick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom