Am I an idiot for selling my 100 for a new defender? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
Howdy all!

Am I an idiot for selling my 100 for a new defender? Obviously this is a cruiser forum so I’m sure what the responses will be lol.

3A7D29D5-8ED3-4625-9121-7ABC7497EF59.jpeg

If you are blessed with the means to afford a new Defender that is great! I hope it brings you less joy than your old hundy. :rofl:

That is rather challenging for me to comprehend how that is even a possibility that a human would do such a thing. To replace with a Gremlin, AMC Hornet, Pinto wagon with bulbous window in the back....perhaps. But a Land Rover product? Really?

It's your money, don't let anyone tell you how to waste it. I'm willing to bet your current cruiser will outlive the new defender though.

It's your money, don't let anyone tell you how to waste it. I'm willing to bet your current cruiser will outlive the new defender though.
This seems like a solid wager. We should take bets. Parlay on recalls?

As long as your happy. That's what matters. However lets see how you'll miss the cruiser 6 months from now, or a year. Check in on us then to see how you really feel about the change

I sure like the looks of the new Defender and have given it some thought, but early signs on reliability and reparability don't look good. Luxury car makers just can't seem to keep things simple. But hey, it's got a warranty. The real test is whether you'll be willing to keep it after the warranty expires, and what it's worth at that point.

I sure like the looks of the new Defender and have given it some thought, but early signs on reliability and reparability don't look good. Luxury car makers just can't seem to keep things simple. But hey, it's got a warranty. The real test is whether you'll be willing to keep it after the warranty expires, and what it's worth at that point.
I work for a rover store. I will trade em in every 6 months and never have to maintain it.

Assuming this is a real post, where do you get a new Defender in the US?

Seems to me that the Defenders are capable. They are not very reliable and are expensive to maintain from the little I know, but if you don't mind spending the $$ and being stuck if you take it off-road, then it's all good and you should enjoy it plenty.

Also, I love your custom vinyl, been considering something similar.

If you plan on selling it before the warranty runs out then you should be fine. Otherwise no. I would never own a land rover product out of warranty and I advise everyone I know not to either.

Howdy all!

Am I an idiot for selling my 100 for a new defender? Obviously this is a cruiser forum so I’m sure what the responses will be lol.

View attachment 3042744
Depends on what you want. Completely different vehicles. The new defender has many cool features for a highway vehicle that you can take on some mild trails. Its kind of a luxury crossover suv similar to a Bronco sport.
Land cruisers a far away many times more reliable. And Land Cruisers are built with a totally different purpose compared to a unibody crossover. The amount of expensive issues I find in Rovers at low miles is very disappointing. But to some people that isn't a worry. Some drive whatever they feel like and are willing to pay whatever or repair whatever no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom