All New - 2024 Tacoma Revealed!!! (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4 door long bed manual with the TRD Off Road package would be awesome.

I don';t suppose a 6 speed swap would be too difficult to do, but for offroading either a dual t-case or Atlas4 would be the way to go.

I wish I had never sold my '83 truck with 22R/MT and long bed

Last edited:
Well, peeps we were not only able to get our hands on one, we bought one. Here is our latest video on it...

:rofl::flipoff2::slap::worms:

Anyone know why the manual trans is rated 50hp and 74 lb-ft torque less than the auto version? Seems like a total dealbreaker to me… 🤷‍♂️

From Toyota’s website:

IMG_1388.jpeg

Anyone know why the manual trans is rated 50hp and 74 lb-ft torque less than the auto version? Seems like a total dealbreaker to me… 🤷‍♂️

From Toyota’s website:

View attachment 3618117
The trim level matters.. I’m not sure what trims you selected for that comparison but the SR trims have 228 hp. The manual transmissions in most trims reduce hp to 270 hp but the gearing is better

The trim level matters.. I’m not sure what trims you selected for that comparison but the SR trims have 228 hp. The manual transmissions in most trims reduce hp to 270 hp but the gearing is better
That was for the TRD Off-Road trim. 8 hp would be negligible and probably not noticeable with the better gearing.

Looks like it’s an error on their website. My screenshot is from the build page where you select options. If I do a comparison it shows the 8hp difference. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom