Alaska Cruiser Trek 2008 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We got comfirmation today on the third cruiser in our group, Archie and passenger will be flying to Anchorage and Todd and I will be hauling three cruiser's to AK.
Patrick can you handle a couple more house guest for a day or two? If not I am sure they can find a hotel. The big issue is getting the 4 of them fron Anchorage to TOK on the 11 th.

In reviewing the rules for crossing the border Todd found this ststement:
In-transit travel through Canada

If you are an American resident, you can transport goods through Canada to the United States. To simplify the clearance process, carry three copies of the list of goods you are transporting. The list should include the value of the goods and any serial numbers. You should pack consumable goods such as alcohol, tobacco and food in containers that the border services officers can tie and seal when you arrive.

We will be hauling three Cruisers and food and beer ect. for 6 people, will they require us to have complete lists and everything packed in containers that can be tied and sealed?

Wow this trek soon begins!
I leave July 3rd. Hope to see a few of you on the road.:steer:

In reviewing the rules for crossing the border Todd found this ststement:
In-transit travel through Canada

If you are an American resident, you can transport goods through Canada to the United States. To simplify the clearance process, carry three copies of the list of goods you are transporting. The list should include the value of the goods and any serial numbers. You should pack consumable goods such as alcohol, tobacco and food in containers that the border services officers can tie and seal when you arrive.

We will be hauling three Cruisers and food and beer ect. for 6 people, will they require us to have complete lists and everything packed in containers that can be tied and sealed?

In the dozen or so runs I have made up and down the highway I have never had to deal with this kind of silliness.

My last run was 2 years ago.

Pat has been up the highway 3 times in the last year... I will bet you a dollar right now that he has not had to deal with that either.

Mark...

Thanks Mark, because of Todd's work schedule we can't leave until 5 July, so we are trying to make sure we have covered all the bases so there are no delays.

Thanks Darell for the offer, now that our number of people flying in has jumped to 4 , Clutchee is working with Patrick to arrange a hotel and a rental car or other group transportation.

We are talking on this up here... will pas on ideas/info soonest

Mark...

Update.....Thanks MArk!

We have a rental car we are picking up late on the 9th & keeping until we leave on the 20th.:D:D

We have a room in Anchorage July 9th @ Hampton Inn.

When the Trek is over we are planning on staying in Anchorage on Friday/Saturday night then leaving on Sunday.

Again ........ Thanks folks......we are trying to not be needy:rolleyes:

Update.....Thanks MArk!

We have a rental car we are picking up late on the 9th & keeping until we leave on the 20th.:D:D

We have a room in Anchorage July 9th @ Hampton Inn.

When the Trek is over we are planning on staying in Anchorage on Friday/Saturday night then leaving on Sunday.

Again ........ Thanks folks......we are trying to not be needy:rolleyes:

Brian,

You werent being Needy, You were giving the cruiser folks up here a chance to shine. We had people volunteering houses and vehicles for you guys, and I'm the only one up here that actually new any of the members of your group.

Pat

Brian,

You werent being Needy, You were giving the cruiser folks up here a chance to shine. We had people volunteering houses and vehicles for you guys, and I'm the only one up here that actually new any of the members of your group.

Pat

Hey we still need a place to stay on Friday/Saturday after the Trek....well after they meet us they might not want us:doh::doh:

THANKS AGAIN....ACT CREW.....:beer::cheers:

I may be confused... you guys have rented a car for the week? Or just for the day or two until we depart?
We have been discussing options here for your transport... Am I maybe out of the loop some, or is that still in play?

Mark...

I may be confused... you guys have rented a car for the week? Or just for the day or two until we depart?
We have been discussing options here for your transport... Am I maybe out of the loop some, or is that still in play?

Mark...

We rented a car for the whole week,plan is to leave it at the trail head or in Tok....then head back to Anchorage for:beer::beer:

I plan on leaving Phoenix this Sat. or Sun. A little later than planned. I know I am forgetting something... I am not going to hit Anchorage first, to save time. Shooting for arrival in Tok JUly 10th. (Snowshoe Motel, Maroon colored 80)Is there any fishing in the local rivers where we will be camping during the trek? Does Nye Toyota require an appt. to get my fluids changed after the trip? Other options? Anxious to meet everyone.

Is there any fishing in the local rivers where we will be camping during the trek? Does Nye Toyota require an appt. to get my fluids changed after the trip? Other options? Anxious to meet everyone.

Fishing? Maybe a little bit in clean side creeks but most of the rivers in the area are silty, glacier fed messes that don't support hook and line type fishing.

Nye Toyota (recently changed to Kendall Toyota) in Anchorage has a nice Service Dept. They do like you to make an appt. That would be the most efficient way to get it done. Most folks haven't changed their fluids before heading home, but it's certainly good preventative maintenance.

Thanks Darrell.. FYI I live down the street from a Cabelas. If anybody would like me to pick up something, I can haul it up for you and possibly save some coin for shipping. Leaving Sat. cya..

Darrell (Jacobywestern) was coordinating some transportation & housing here in AK, I am not on MUD much lately, and lost track of where things stand.

Are there still hotel rooms reserved for the 9th? We are an "empty nester" these days and will have two bedrooms & a rec room with a couch & matress on the floor availble. Hotel would definately be more comfortable, but perhaps the hotel $$$ could be saved for a round of pizza @ Fast Eddies in Tok?

Same goes for the backside. PM me if this helps with the logistics (I wil be "off-line" from the 28th through the 4th)

Oh . . . I live in Anchorage !!!!!!!

(sorry, a little fact I forgot to mention !!)

Steve (aktundra), I'm sure Clutchee will take you up on your offer as the above request from him is the only logistical detail yet to be nailed down.

-Darrell

Oh . . . I live in Anchorage !!!!!!!

(sorry, a little fact I forgot to mention !!)

Thanks for looking out for us......basically after the Trek ends myself & 3 fellows are heading back to Anchorage to hang out.....we all leave Sunday at various times. So gettin back there we are open to anything....sight seeing for me would be cool:popcorn:but hey I'm easy:censor:

Roger/Todd have talked about coming back with us to hang:beer:

Should folks not wanta have 4 to 6 fellows crashing we can get a hotel room.....but after that many days in the woods any place to crash will be welcomed:hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom