Builds AK HJ-75 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HaHa! That inlet sure looks familiar!! LOL! Is that specific for a 12HT in a 70 series?

What’s the specs on that inter cooler. That’s still a piece I need to figure out for mine.

What’s the specs on that inter cooler. That’s still a piece I need to figure out for mine.
Check out PDI Australia. They have two thickness intercooler for the 1990- HZJ75. I chose the thinner one, 65mm.
I also didn't get the complete kit, I got the pieces un-assembled for the ac relocation since it would be different than for a HZ truck.

Last edited:
Check out PDI Australia. They have two thickness intercooler for the 1990- HZJ75. I chose the thinner one, 65mm.
I also didn't get the complete kit, I got the pieces un-assembled for the ac relocation since it would be different than for a HZ truck.
I wish I'd been able to get a 65mm when I did the 60. The 76mm I used certainly made for more fab issues. Without
discernable benefit to cooling or flow. Looks good.

Finally got the rhd (left side) cabin air inlet plugged. Not pretty but no one will see it.

87CBBE61-F157-450C-8FAA-2D71B7F37373.jpeg

CC38D3A3-A381-4BB2-8196-07A076F10291.jpeg

What a pain welding 22 gauge steel

Yeah I noticed how nice it is welding on the bed right now with thicker metal. Kinda dreading the floor pans. I’m not real good at it.

Did you get a starter as well? Or just the alternator?

Well, you are doing a magnificent job. Wiring is generally intuitive. Try laying it
out on the floor first, tape and label/number connections so you can unplug and shift
wiring before you replug. I get in trouble trying to make it ‘neat’ before its all together.
Then I end up cutting half a dozen tie wraps or whatever. Try not to secure until
functioning, and you can get at what you might need to later for a
service. Bury what can be buried. Hard part is knowing which is which. ;)
something I generally don’t.

Don’t have any factory replacement like Beno has, so had to come up with some alternate replacement. Went to Lowe’s to see what was available. Got these two different styles of automotive door gaskets. I figured this would squeeze down enough to work. The rectangular style didn’t squeeze down enough. The half round style squeezed down enough that I liked it and used it.

E27311D5-08F8-4A06-B3BD-9AD95C838DA3.jpeg

CE320C44-298D-461D-9ECD-FA989F12A4E8.jpeg

9C1F5604-8AF7-4B9C-B729-EDAD76D6501E.jpeg

89BECB49-5FC8-46E3-B794-B28FFBC3E5D8.jpeg

Don’t have any factory replacement like Beno has, so had to come up with some alternate replacement. Went to Lowe’s to see what was available. Got these two different styles of automotive door gaskets. I figured this would squeeze down enough to work. The rectangular style didn’t squeeze down enough. The half round style squeezed down enough that I liked it and used it.

Hello,

This looks like a good replacement. I suspect it will last longer than the original. Good idea, I think.

That sponge seal in the ducts becomes disintegrating dust in old age.

Juan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom