AHC suspension replacement (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have LC Amazon 2002 (Diesel). i have driven since 2018, and it is in very good condition. Have had no major issues other than maintenance.

Recently replaced "shocks absorbers" and all four globes since it was driving harshly. Since 2018, graduation test slowly reduced from around ten to around five as of the time of replacement recently. After replacement, the car is now driving so smoothly, but graduation test has remained at five, which is bothering me.

Any advice on whether I should worry about the graduations or not.

Anyhow, today, my mechanic took out the AHC pump assembly and took it away to replace the brushes in the mortar. He claimed (and very confidenty) that the brushes were causing the problem. I was not convinced, but reluctantly gave in. When he returned and fixed it back, the car started behaving normally again. I had reached a point when I was too frustrated, yet in the back of my mind I know the car as a whole is in very good condition and I should not just let it go.

Before I could move the car anywhere, I forced him this time to bleed the system properly. He bled only the accumulator, arguing that bleeding the accumulator clears all the lines. In any case, he had previously (not at most recent work) bled the nipples at the globes. The accumulator had dirty fluid and air. He bled it until clean fluid came out free of any air.

Driving the car is like new again. but I am not happy (in fact I am scared of what will happen next - will the car get stuck in L again???). I am also waiting to buy my own diagnostic reader so that I can better take care of my car since it appears nobody else around me here will be of much help.

Anyhow, today, my mechanic took out the AHC pump assembly and took it away to replace the brushes in the mortar. He claimed (and very confidenty) that the brushes were causing the problem. I was not convinced, but reluctantly gave in. When he returned and fixed it back, the car started behaving normally again. I had reached a point when I was too frustrated, yet in the back of my mind I know the car as a whole is in very good condition and I should not just let it go.

Before I could move the car anywhere, I forced him this time to bleed the system properly. He bled only the accumulator, arguing that bleeding the accumulator clears all the lines. In any case, he had previously (not at most recent work) bled the nipples at the globes. The accumulator had dirty fluid and air. He bled it until clean fluid came out free of any air.

Driving the car is like new again. but I am not happy (in fact I am scared of what will happen next - will the car get stuck in L again???). I am also waiting to buy my own diagnostic reader so that I can better take care of my car since it appears nobody else around me here will be of much help.
It is motivating that i can now experience a very smooth ride, very stable, and even a much more powerful and fun car. Even driving in sports mode on a clear road is so smooth.

I even think other things like fuel consumption may improve. It is unbelievable.

Oh, so the pressure is read when in H? I thought it is supposed to be read in N.
have you read the sticky post regarding the AHC maintenance?
Everything is explained in there.
You go from N to H or from Lto N can't excactly remember, , wait till it's all settled and then read the pressures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom