AHC delete question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought my 05 LX470 with the AHC deleted and standard suspension already installed. Everything has been great up to now. No lights or warnings.

My issue is - it suddenly started saying it’s in L mode? With standard suspension?! I crawled around underneath looking at the sensor linkages. They all look ok, nothing obvious front or rear.

Is there anything I can do to get it back to N?

I’m not a fan of when things don’t work properly.

At this point, 'L' is just a light on the dash. The sensor linkages may still be connected and communicating with the dash light, but that's about it - AHC is not controlling your vehicle's ride height. You might connect Techstream and see what errors show.

At this point, 'L' is just a light on the dash. The sensor linkages may still be connected and communicating with the dash light, but that's about it - AHC is not controlling your vehicle's ride height. You might connect Techstream and see what errors show.
Essentially yes. However those lights still worked. They have showed N for the past 4 years. Suddenly this past week it showed L. For reference, it’s my daily, no armor, bumpers, or added weight.

The only fuse that’s been removed is the main, engine compartment fuse. The smaller fuses in the drivers lock panel are still in.

If I want to trick the sensors, do I adjust them to the top or bottom?

If your AHC has been deleted there is nothing there to trick.

Exactly how sure are you that it’s been deleted?

If your AHC has been deleted there is nothing there to trick.

Exactly how sure are you that it’s been deleted?
Very. PO had the swap done at slee. Shocks are Toyota/tokico. Hydraulic pipes are disconnected at the pump. Main fuse is pulled.

If the AHC delete was done properly including the fuses and wiring delete then you shouldn't have any lights coming on. There are threads on here that walk you through this. If I recall, there's a fuse in the engine bay and in the cab plus a wire or plug removal under the step wheel.

If the AHC delete was done properly including the fuses and wiring delete then you shouldn't have any lights coming on. There are threads on here that walk you through this. If I recall, there's a fuse in the engine bay and in the cab plus a wire or plug removal under the step wheel.
I appreciate all the help folks!

I’ve been upside down in the forums researching this. Seems very specific to me. And yes, I’ll admit, a minor annoyance. From what I gather, the main fuse in the engine bay disables the system. The fuses in the cab turn off all the lights.

Unless there is a calibration or reset in TechStream, I think my way ahead will be to play with the sensors some more to maybe ‘trick’ it back to N. Similar to an AHC sensor lift.

Why do you still have AHC sensors? Doesn’t make sense if deleted.

Reactions: GTV
I’ve been upside down in the forums researching this. Seems very specific to me. And yes, I’ll admit, a minor annoyance. From what I gather, the main fuse in the engine bay disables the system. The fuses in the cab turn off all the lights.

Typically, you remove the 50a fuse under the hood, and disconnect the 2 (or 3) of the plugs to the AHC ECU, and it disables all of the AHC dash lights. If I remember correctly, there was some anecdotal information about removing the two AHC under dash fuses affecting systems beyond AHC.

A post that points out where the AHC ECU is located:

Last edited:
Typically, you remove the 50a fuse under the hood, and disconnect the 2 (or 3) of the plugs to the AHC ECU, and it disables all of the AHC dash lights. If I remember correctly, there was some anecdotal information about removing the two AHC under dash fuses affecting systems beyond AHC.

A post that points out where the AHC ECU is located:
Thanks for the link and the clarification!

@shane431 it looks like my rig was merely disconnected when the conventional suspension was installed. I have all the globes and hoses and pumps etc still installed. TBH, I have no desire to remove it either hearing what a nightmare it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom