AHC Bracket to ARB Compressor Bracket Conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I face so much creative and helpful content at this forum, so I thought I have to share my modifications on the AHC Reservoir Bracket to convert it to a ARB Compressor Bracket.

Please keep in mind, that I deleted my AHC completely and wanted to use that spot for something usefull. Since I have a HDJ100, which has dual batteries from factory - another battery was not useful for me. I decided to place the compressor at this spot. My compressor has been an ARB in the nice Box, so it has the bracket with a switch already on it, which makes it very easy.

1. Under the right wheelwell you have to unscrew 4 nuts, they hold the bracket for the reservoir.
2. Seperate the Reservoir from the Bracket. You will end up with a bracket, that has another bracket welded on top for the Reservoir.
3. Drill the out the Reservoir Bracket at the marked spots on the picture. That should be the result.
4. Get yourself a piece of flat steel, measure and drill the holes in the right position.
5. I do not like to use cutting wheels, so I ended up using some washers to gain distance between the flat steel and the bracket.
6. Get some 90 degree angled steel, measure the mounting spots at the compressor and drill the right locations in the angled steel.
7. Take some rattle can spray paint, and give it some coats. Let it dry over night.

IMG_00311111.jpg

IMG_0031.JPG

IMG_0032.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0036.JPG

8. Attach the compressor to the bracket.
9. Mount in the engine bay the complete assembly and connect to your electrical systems.

I hope this gives a good reason to "recycle" a bit of this bracket and save some $$$. I have this now 40.000km on my LC and no problems with rattling or something else.

If you have any questions of feedback, please feel free to respond. Sorry for the bad english :).

IMG_0040.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

View attachment 1475201

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom