After 7 years cruiserless (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm still cruiserless. But I did pick up a pretty sweet old '69 scout this weekend that I wanted to share with everyone.

photo 3.JPG

That's cool as hell!

nice truck richard.... cant wait to see the progress on this... i always liked the scout 800s as well. i saw one when we were up in maine at Acadia NP all done up like a forest service truck. it looked awesome.

on another note, i just picked up a built 4runner this weekend. crazy we both got vehicles on the same weekend. i wont hijack your thread but will post pics soon in a new thread.

Yeah the rainbow engine in the orange cruiser isn't exactly screaming good color decisions. The scout will likely spend a while in a nice primer gray look in all likelihood.

Heck if you are going to primer it might as well paint it, not that much more work. Also primer isn't water proof, it will eventually let rust through and you will have to start all over again. Paint is cheap and all you need is a medium sized compressor and a cheap HLVP paint gun

Or just rattle can the whole thing, cost me like $80 bucks to do my 45. That would be much better than just primer.

What'd you do with your old compressor and paint gun? I know you did some upgrading. Let me borrow that old stuff, I'll give it back to you when I'm done in 2 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom