1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advanced Adapters LC 4speed to V8 Pilot Bushing vs. Pilot Bearing Help

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by CrznDawg, Feb 26, 2007.

1. CrznDawg

CrznDawg

Got a new V8 to swap out my old one that needs rebuilding. I have an Advanced Adapters (AA) bell housing. I had originally installed the AA pilot bushing. AA stated to me that this one was the only bushing/bearing available for the V8 swap.

I know that bearings are better than bushings. I would like to install one, but I have not seen any for this paticular type swap. I did a search on the board, and there are bearings if you are doing a Chev tranny to a 2F, or keeping it all Chev, but I did not see any bearings for the LC 4 speed to V8. I could be blind and just missed it.

Do any exist? If so, any part number would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. dgangle

dgangle total rice SILVER Star

3. CrznDawg

CrznDawg

Thanks for your help. I will use the bushing if I have to. But would like the bearing better.

4. Tankota

Tankota

2nd. I have always used the bronze bushing. No problems at all. No moving parts either :)

5. 65swb45

65swb45 Supporting Vendor

Aaron, the bushing itself is only part of the problem. The rest of the problem is that the transmission typically only engages the bushing about half way, which increases the load across a smaller surface. I have removed several wiped out bronze bushings from V-8s over the year that had the last 3/1ths to 1/4" untouched by the transmission imput shaft.

At one point I had some custom bushings made that were 3/16ths longer and had a flange on the outer end, similar in shape to a leaf spring bushing. Unfortunately, I sold them all and the guy I used has moved on to mass producing mountain bike parts for a lot more $$$.

Somebody should consider doing a run of these. It's a slam dunk sale for all V-8 guys.

Calling Trail Mart!;p