ACSD delete service bulletin (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yotahed

Diesel Head
Threads
If any of you run a HDT or HZ( or any VE pump equipped with the coolant assisted wax thermo or similar cold start advance/idle up mechanism) have not deleted the ACSD yet, I strongly suggest doing so.
Of the last 3 Denso/Toyota pumps I've seen come for a service, all had very worn, or broken shafts. The shaft cannot be purchased seperately and the entire unit runs around $500 new.
The tip that contacts the roller ring to actually advance the timing when the device is cold breaks off and ends up destroying the rollers, the roller ring and the cam plate, all in one shot.
I'll post some pictures of the carnage tommorow.
I can supply blanking plates and new o-ring for the DIY guys. PM me.

Just thought Id give a heads up, as it seems like a very common occurrence.

Cheers

Been there on the road, to bad it was on the to do list that was never done...
Oh, the fine shavings caught up under the fuel solenoid.

This winter, my truck suddenly was having troubles with airlock. A few pumps on the hand primer it would fire right up. I noticed around the area of the acsd it was wet with fuel, not a lot but enough to notice. Since the weather warmed up the problems and the leak went away, I bought new some new O-rings but I haven't got around to it because I've been debating deleting it. Is it the same setup on the FT?

It usually leaks from either the shaft o ring or the base oring. Some times both.
I believe the FT may be similar, but controlled by the computer or a VSV. I'll have to have a look in the manual.

No computer on the FT. Here are the FSM pages.

1HD-FT IP.jpg

1HD-FT IP2.jpg

Last edited:
The FT has it; labelled "Thermo Wax"

There you go. I was thinking FTE.

Thermowax is the same deal.
Some use a linkage from an expanding wax pellet, some use a solenoid off a temp switch. Usually the wax variant is on the Denso units.
Looks like the Euro spec has an all speed governor spring throttle link and Aus has the regular variable speed. Cool.

Last edited:
Been on the do list for years. Blanking plate is in a drawer somewhere. I give 50:50 odds as to whether I actually do it before it craters. Thanks for the reminder though.

Yea, its easier said when its on a bench in front of you than to try an get at the bottom Allen head thru the wheel well.....

I don't remember it taking long. I think it's the second thing I did after buying my truck, right after changing the BEB's.

Its a pretty easy job. $20 mins tops.
I had a harder time getting hose clamps on to run a loop for the ACSD lines.
Remember to retime your pump after removing the thing.
Mine was off, along with a few others, John @ Radd says its quite common.

I had to advance mine.
Was at .7*mm and I put it to the most advanced in spec for the 1hz.

...via IH8MUD app

Hi guys , I have a Toyota 78', with a trans plated 1HD-T motor in , AT present 270 K km on IT.
Always run perfect .
Since last filo up with artic Diesel fuel the motor was unable to keep minimum rev .
Even when hot.
Since last 3000 km things are getting worst.
Went to the pump shop , But said that spare part is unaviabile at present in Europe , must wait next batch from Japan.
Do You think IT is the Acsd part ?
Do I risk to make more damedge If I keep driving the truck ?
Diving is mainly short distance 50-100 km , at max 100 km/H.

Thanks for any help.

Bye Renago

Could be a clogged up filter since it just started doing it on last fill up.

I tought the same , changed all filters.
same .
the funny thing is that at the begging it was difficult to keep idle .
then it was running perfect for 100-300 km .
maybe i parked the car , and it started to dye again at min rev.
must be something in the pump.
any clue ?
maybe this ACSD part ?

bye Renago

Remove the outlet banjo and look inside for a laugh. If it's got metal filings inside you need a rebuild
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1424471828.990824.jpg

Are WE talking of the same Diesel incection pump ?
Mine is a 6 cilinder turbo 1-HDT motor.

Where do I finde that bolt , can You send a General pictures of the pump .

Thanks Renago

Yes same pump idea.
The banjo bolt has return line fittings. It should be on the same side as your fire wall, 17mm wrench or socket I believe.
There is a hose from the over flow injector lines going into the fitting and the other line goes back to the tank.

Thanks , in Monday I will have a look.
If I thak out the bolt , and get rid of the small bits, will the car run better ?
OR IT is just a diagnosi check ?

Bye Renago

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom