ACSD delete service bulletin (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Its a diagnosis check.
There shouldn't be any metal filings floating around in your pump.
The thing has the tolerances of a swiss watch.
Not to mention you and I have very similar problems in terms of symptoms.
The banjo bolt screen was full of fine metal dust and shavings.
If thats the case, injectors/pump rebuild and get the ACSD blanked off completely.

Does cold starting refer to cold weather starts or when engine is cold. I asked the tech at Proffit's about this when they swapped my engine and was told I wouldn't have to worry about it in hot climates.

from the way I understand it is when the engine is cold, even when it was summer the engine still idled up because the coolant controls the ACSD

I still haven't done mine yet either and I've got the parts. Just ordering a timing tool from Aus at the moment. In the mean time, what is the metric ID size for the hose to connect up to the block? I imagine I'll lose a bunch of coolant if I take the piece of hose off to take it to the shop to get a length of compatible hose. Would the top piece of hose be ok to remove without pissing coolant all over the place?

Just join the two hoses with a joiner and call it a day.

Ya.. I have a 10mm barbed here somewhere I'll try. Thanks!

This is how mine looks, the truck has ~ 700k kilometers ('92 80-series 1HD-T)
From what I can see, the shaft is in very good shape, no signs of wear or anything.
I have three options:
1. Put everything back in working order.
2. Put the ACSD back but do not put the adjuster springs (basically, this leaves the piece on the pump without bothering with the coolant loop and blanking plate).
3. Put a blanking plate and a coolant loop. BTW, is the coolant loop required? Isn't it better to just blank the two coolant ports?

Opinions?
IMG_0848.jpeg

IMG_0851.jpeg

Last edited:
3. Put a blanking plate and a coolant loop. BTW, is the coolant loop required? Isn't it better to just blank the two coolant ports?

Opinions?

I couldn't find a definitive answer to blocking or looping, so I looped mine. I can't imagine it would hurt it to be blocked, but it's also a pain to get to both barbs without losing tons of coolant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom