AC Compressor Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fourrunner

SILVER Star
Threads
I had some noises coming from my AC compressor and found that the nose of the compressor is damaged (bearing looks like it was spinning on the nose of the compressor housing). Any thoughts/experience on aftermarket replacements or should i look for a used one or bite the bullet and buy a new OEM pump?

I replaced my AC compressor about 4 years ago. It was aftermarket. I just put a new one in a month ago. In my opinion, buy OEM. The way I feel about OEM is that the part has lasted 15- 20 years since the vehicle was new. why buy anything else? The new one could last just as long.

I had some noises coming from my AC compressor and found that the nose of the compressor is damaged (bearing looks like it was spinning on the nose of the compressor housing). Any thoughts/experience on aftermarket replacements or should i look for a used one or bite the bullet and buy a new OEM pump?

I bought a Denso unit from Rock Auto for a reasonable price.

Go get a Denso and call it good for another 10+ years.
Don't forget the receiver/drier too.

How long have you had it, doughboy? Did it plug right in or did you have to mess with electrical connections?
4+ years and, yes, plug and play. As @vipergrhd stated, get a receiver drier, $20, (always when one opens the AC system). I bought an expansion valve too, <$50. Install the parts and have a local shop pressure test and fill with R134 refrigerant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom