ABS, VSC Trac VSC OFF , and Brake Lights Lit, Constant Beep or Alarm Sound, No Brake Pressure (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ABS VSC Trac and VSC OFF Light have been illuminated intermittently for a few weeks. I just assumed it was a precursor to another P0420 error code (Check engine, VSC TRAC and VSC OFF Lights) or a fouled up wheel sensor which fixed it self after a brake job several years ago, or something benign. Today i was just driving casually along city streets and nothing was hot or over-worked, at least this particular day ;), and the ABS/VSC lights were lit like they have been recently, and then i get a beeping sound and the BRAKE (normally indicating Parking Brake is engaged) lights up and a beeping started from the dash. Brakes were working fine at the time. So we got to our next destination and i tried turning the truck off and back on and it still beeped like crazy. I went into a store for 20 mins and came out and it was still beeping but now i had no brake pressure unless i stood on the pedal. Several short and slow driving cycles later still have only soft brake response and beeping will not cease. I check the ECU for codes with a bluetooth code reader and there are no codes. I have to get my cable back before i can connect to Techstream and see what that says. Is there any basic troubleshooting i can do to see whats going on?
I changed the whole brake assy as advice by my mechanic. When I checked the faulty one, I discovered it was the motor that was faulty which I also repaired and keep as spare. It was only the brush inside the motor that was changed.

The motor can be manually checked by applying 12vdc to positive and negative contacts and see if it does work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom