ABS, TRAC OFF, VSC OFF, BRAKE lights on after battery disconnect c0279 and c1223 active (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After briefly disconnecting positive terminal to install amplifier cable on recently purchased 2003 LX470, now ABS, TRAC, VSC and BRAKE lights are on, active C0279 and C1223 which will not go away, fuses checked, nothing was toasted, relays replaced and tested, park/neutral switch not tested but appears to work correctly. Reset deceleration and yaw sensors with Techstream but nothing changed. Brake pedal normal and breaks work well....

Please help I was so happy with the purchase....thanks!

Check engine compartment everywhere you worked. Make sure no wire housing blocks were disconnected or loosened. Then clear codes and see if they reappear.

ABS DTC activate if you sneeze, even low voltage will set off.

BTW: No need to do zero point cal in tech stream, unless certain parts replace or disassembled. You'll get VGRS light each time you disconnect battery. Just drive in straight line at 35MPH for few 100 yards. You'll see VGRS light flash than go off. After-which make right and left turns. I just do double figure 8s.

I know you indicated you checked fuses - including the ones in the passenger side kick panel area? A blown ECU-B fuse on this panel will cause some (but not all) of the issues you are experiencing. sounds like one or more of the ECU's has lost power...

Thank you guys for the suggestions...I checked again the fuses on passenger side kick panel, fist time I did it with multimeter checking both legs of each fuse, this time I pulled each one out, they are all good, nothing has changed. I am starting to think my battery disconnect fried a wire in the junction box or something...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom