2006 LX470 Check Engine, VSC Trac” and “VSC off" lights on (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2006 LX470 Check Engine light on
I have the “Check Engine light” on along with “VSC Trac” and “VSC off” I have a 06 LX470
Codes are: “P0441” Evaporative Emission Control System Incorrect Purge Flow “P0455” Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (Gross Leak) Already replaced the gas cap once and the problem still exists.
Can anyone help here?

Had a similar issue on a different vehicle and I swapped the evap canister, problem solved.

Clear the codes to see if it comes back.
I have cleared the code a couple of times but it will show up randomly overnight while the vehicle is parked! I should say the new gas cap does not click when tightened...bought it on eBay and it's the Toyota OEM brand....is it possible the new cap is not good?

The gas cap should click. Unless it’s a dealer selling on eBay, never buy ‘OEM’ parts on eBay. There are too many counterfeits. But replacing the gas cap did solve the issue for me when I had the same problem as you. YMMV

I have cleared the code a couple of times but it will show up randomly overnight while the vehicle is parked! I should say the new gas cap does not click when tightened...bought it on eBay and it's the Toyota OEM brand....is it possible the new cap is not good?
It should click. The newer OEM gas caps required quite a few turns to get into the clicker and the stop.

I have been having some issues with battery drain as well. Changed the battery to Optima yellow top last week ...hopefully, it won't dry on me again.
I had an issue with battery drain as well. I had the car detailed and they must have had all the doors open for a few hours and when I got back, dead battery. I jumped it, and ran it for a while (also used a multi-meter to check the alternator and everything checked out). The batter yis less than 1 year old. I bought a Battery Tender and use it now when I expect the truck to sit for a few days.

Do you have a stock fuel tank? I have had the same persistent issue after having two LRA fuel tanks main and aux installed. Can't seem to get the codes to clear or go away and they come back after having them cleared. What is the location of this charcoal canister?

I had it on a Ford E350 and sourced from Rockauto, so bit a different story, and as I just bought my first LC I'm not sure where it's located :)
But here's a thread about it including a pic:

A first test for me was blowing through with compressed air. That helped a lot the failure came back after longer cycles. So I replaced the canister and since then all good. So perhaps worth a cheap trial to blow through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom