ABS Alarm after Welding Exhaust with Disconnected Battery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Don’t know if there is any connection, but after having Exhaust put on my ABS and dash lights are in full panic mode.
Went to dealer and had codes pulled. Brakes feel great, but I’m conflicted if this is electrical/fuse/computer related or if this is mechanical pump related.

IMG_8255.jpeg

IMG_8256.jpeg

IMG_8254.jpeg

People using electric welding on modern vehicles should know what they are doing. The battery must be disconnected, and more importantly, the ground clamp of the welder should be mounted right next to the place getting the welding on.

May be related/may be not: My cousin's 01 Montero drove in to get a muffler fixed, up on starting the engine, he heard a loud bang and then received a check engine light together with idle hesitation. Later found out "tech" mounted the ground wire of the welder on the frame and welded the muffler causing a cam lobe to get fused/welded into a inteke/exhaust valve. The timing belt jumped a tooth.

Were you there when they started welding? Did you see where they mounted the ground wire of the welder?

Last edited:
People using electric welding on modern vehicles should know what they are doing. The battery must be disconnected, and more importantly, the ground clamp of the welder should be mounted right next to the place getting the welding on.

May be related/may be not: My cousin's 01 Montero drove in to get a muffler fixed, up on starting the engine, he heard a loud bang and then received a check engine light together with idle hesitation. Later found out "tech" mounted the ground wire of the welder on the frame and welded the muffler causing a cam lobe to get fused/welded into a inteke/exhaust valve.

Were you there when they started welding? Did you see where they mounted the ground wire of the welder?
This ^ 👍

“…… The battery must be disconnected, and more importantly, the ground clamp of the welder should be mounted right next to the place getting the welding on.“

I don’t have reason to think the welding was done wrong. The more I read, I’m seeing tons of others who have had the same symptoms because of failed brake motor/MC.

This seems exactly my codes and symptoms

Absolutely the best thread yet. All the similar error codes and symptoms. The guy with the issue “TurbineTester” was clear about the issue and fix:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom