ABS Alarm and Door Lock Chirp Stops (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got the dreaded ABS and Brake light yesterday. The alarm would go off for a few seconds every 8-10 min, always with a pulse click felt on the brake pedal. Fluid level is fine. One thing that’s odd that I haven’t seen in other posts is that my door lock beep/chirp stopped working at the same time. All the doors properly lock, headlines turn off, but no chirp. Is this related? Hope it indicates that the problem is something that’s resolved for under $2700, what I was quoted for replacing MC, booster. Going to pull codes after work, only known codes I had were for cats with the CEL/VSCtrac/VSC — still narrowing down tye root of that issue. Any chance this is not a full MC/booster/accumulator?

Hi. sorry I'm not sure if I need to start a new thread for similar issue or just ask the question here since it seems related but I'll repost my question separately.

First, Is it your car alarm or a steady abs buzzer going off inside the cab you speak of?
My abs buzzer stays on for about 20-30 seconds then goes off every time I start my truck. (I know I need to fix something in my Brake booster as it squeals for a bit but am not sure what exactly what is causing this. Does any one here have a suggestion?)
My abs and brake light is on. Fluids and brake lever are good.
Second, how is the wiring you have going through your driver door? I have a short that sometimes trips my alarm locking the doors and going off. it has happened when parked and no one near it. new batteries in my fobs but I have to practically stand next to truck to unlock system.
Smarter people here may know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom