ABS activating at the end of a stop. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
While braking, I've been experiencing what feels like the ABS coming on as I come to a complete stop. My rotors and pads are only two months old, and this is a recent discovery.

I searched the forums but didn't come across any answers.

Anyone have an diagnosis?

I had a similar problem and it was a speed sensor that had been damaged when a knuckle job/brake job was done at a "cruiser " speciality shop.

I did a search of ABS codes and came up with a few threads that might help. You will want to pull the codes to help in the diagnosis.

if you are feeling the "pulsating" sensation of the ABS, then take out the ABS sensors and see if there're bunch of metal shavings on it. They're magnetic and tend to attract metal shavings from the birfield area. Clean up all shavings, grease and reinsert. That should be about it. You should only need to remove the wheel in order to gain access to the ABS sensor. I think one 12mm bolt locks it in.

thanks for the info...

My ABS light isn't on, and I haven't had a botched knuckle job. But maybe they're all of the sudden just dirty. Weird how one day the brakes are fine, the next day they sensors decide not to work properly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom