A/T Transmission FJZ80 95 yr -442F Type (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here are my observations:
Each morning (cold start) ,after waiting for RPM lowers to 0.6k, when shifting P or N to R.
1st: I notice delay & high shift shock when the position light "R" on the dashboard shows immediately.
2nd: Sometimes no shifting when the position light "R" on the dashboard won't show for a few minutes.
Moreover, when driving, I noticed delay shifting 1 to 2 and then 2 to 3. All these cases only in cold start driving. Then after driving for 5 miles no N or P to R, 1-2 delay shifting appears while still noticed 2-3 low delay shifting.
I changed ATM oil and filter, checked shift switch by positioning the car gear on R , D and switch on the engine. no starting.
What could be the solution:confused:

Last edited:
perhaps I was writing Chinese

:rolleyes:
kfarea said:
Here are my observations:
Each morning (cold start) ,after waiting for RPM lowers to 0.6k, when shifting P or N to R.
1st: I notice delay & high shift shock when the position light "R" on the dashboard shows immediately.
2nd: Sometimes no shifting when the position light "R" on the dashboard won't show for a few minutes.
Moreover, when driving, I noticed delay shifting 1 to 2 and then 2 to 3. All these cases only in cold start driving. Then after driving for 5 miles no N or P to R, 1-2 delay shifting appears while still noticed 2-3 low delay shifting.
I changed ATM oil and filter, checked shift switch by positioning the car gear on R , D and switch on the engine. no starting.
What could be the solution:confused:

I share You The Same Problem. I hope you had a solution

I share you the same problem
cc93cruiser said:
Just like the title says, while backing up today in the morning, my tranny started to all of the sudden slip :confused: .... At first, I thought I just didn't put it into reverse/gear correctly, but I tried it again and a noticed that it would go into reverse/gear with no problem, but after I reached 10mph it started to slip and the rpms/engine just reved up :confused: ??? Hmmmm? I drove it for about 20mins and the tranny works flawessly, shift points are smooth and fast.. I then drove it again in reverse and the same s***! :mad: Tranny slipped again once it reached 10mph. I can't go faster than 10mph in reverse without the tranny slipping :confused: ...I drove the cruiser another 10 miles like manual says and checked the tranny fluid level and it was right on the Hot side and fluid looked good (nice and red). I have never flushed out the tranny, but have changed the fluid religiously every 10K miles.. My question is, what could be the problem? Should I just flush the whole tranny system out? Has anyone ever had a simliar experiance with this tranny( it is the bus tranny 1993 cruiser)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom