A SLEE aux harness Hella 3way (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Question. I’m upgrading my old halogen halogen driving lights with new LED lights Hella Value fit 500 - worst name ever, but impressed with build quality so far. .

The new Hellas have a 3 position switch. Driving lights on, DTR lights on and Off.

I currently have 2 SOF aux harnesses. One in each configuration. (High beam + Driving Lights on/off and low beams on, fogs on).

Melting my brain on how to make this new set up compatible with SOF harness.

The desired mode is for LED drivers to turn on with high beams and DTRs with low beams.

I know I’ll have to mod new harness so each set of lights get power.

But do I jump off of the existing SOF aux relay, 87 to red wire on new relays. I assume I will need to cut the jumper on the new relay to power DL and DTR separately. Switch will need a mod too.

Thanks team.

1691185110218.jpeg

What's a SOF harness?

End of the day, this looks fairly straightforward to me. You have two light pods. Black is ground, and goes straight to a clean chassis ground or battery negative pole. You have white and green wires for the driving and position lights, respectively. All you need to do is feed your trigger lines into the coils on a pair of relays to control the two sets of lights. Remember, a relay is just a glorified switch. Here's a standard 4 post relay:
4-Pin-Relay.jpg

You put your low voltage trigger on 85/86, which comes from your switch. You'll splice into trigger lines for the low/high beams to get these. 30 and 87 connect those white and green wires on your light pods to 12v from the battery, through an appropriately rated fuse. That's all you need.

What's a SOF harness?
Thanks. I thought it could be that simple.
In this case though, I think my low voltage triggers are coming from the slee harness connectors g (low beams) and h (hi beams).
This is the main slee harness.
1691239539012.png

This is the aux slee harness. Basically need to replicate connector A on the new harness.
1691239821199.jpeg

The harness is a a two part upgrade, the first supplies currently directly from the battery to the hi and low beam bulbs, supposedly improving headlight performance.

The second aux harness(es) jump off the main harness and allow your auxiliary lights to be switch with you hi and low beams.
-the low beams also trigger my fog lights so they can be on whenever the lows are on.
-the second powers my driving lights so the turn on/off when the hi beams are on.
Both have independent switches on the dash too.

/lig1001/

Meh. Turns out easier solution was to bypass the Hella harness altogether. See ya!
IMG_7785.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom