A few shots of the shop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

acjb

GOLD Star
Threads
It is really my basement, but it works. In the process of restoring a 79 and it has been slooooow...A business got in the way at some point along the way. Now back at it and still loving it. Working on the transmission and transfercase now. Putting all new seals and gaskets in. Just finished the rear main and need to bolt up the oil pan. These are a couple of shots of the transfer case and transmission, along with my home made hoist that is currently supporting the rear of the motor. Cleaning the TC was a realy PITA, but I am glad I did it. Transmission is next. Have a good day...Phone pics so sorry for quality
IMG_0369.jpg
IMG_0372.jpg
IMG_0371.jpg

There's nothing like progress !! Is this like the guy who built a boat in his basement, when finished it was too big to get it out ?:grinpimp:

It will not be too big to get it out but I may have 2 of everything blocking the way to get it out. I started breaking it down in 2000 in Dothan, AL and it has since moved with me twice. Once to Birmingham and then to another home in B'ham. So with that I am sure I have misplaced a few small but necessary items. I guess we will cross that bridge when we get there.

Be sure to add a t-case saver before the reinstall!

Later,

Like to see it/connect with another local Cruiserhead. What part of town you in? 280/119 area here.

dgangle,

Alabaster/Saginaw. We should connect. I have lurked here for several years, just never really posted because I was working all the time. I now have more time and get to work on it here and there. Isn't your 40 yelllow. I knew you were from Bham and I think I remember yours being yellow....but I may be wrong. Give me a shout or pm me and we will make it happen.

nothing like being able to sneak a few hours on a project in the basement at any hour of the day or night.
good progress, cheers.

nothing like being able to sneak a few hours on a project in the basement at any hour of the day or night.
good progress, cheers.

No kiddin' Kroll. We were considering moving to a neighborhood with two car main level garages and I just could not come to grips with it. I would love the main level, but could not give up the basement or some sort of shop in trade. I could really care less about TV and other time consumers of the like, but put me in the cave with something to tinker or work on, a few cold beers and time just flies by.

There's nothing like progress !! Is this like the guy who built a boat in his basement, when finished it was too big to get it out ?:grinpimp:

i think the guy your thinking of built a handmade lambo in his basement and they knocked out a wall when he finished it like 10 years later.

i wish i had that nice of a work area, i have a 1 stall garage which is occupied by alot of my dads crap. so i have just enough room for the vehicle and have to squeeze around 3 of the 4 sides of the vehicle, and the other sides just slightly better to get around

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom