Wanted A few questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Im up in NH and clean rust free vehicles are hard to find. I have a few questions regarding buying, money exchange, and shipping. Im a owner and landcruiser enthusiast and lurk around this forum often. Im looking for a 60 and i see they pop up here quite frequently.

What are people using to pay sellers, other then cash or check. For example flying out and meeting face to face and driving home. (this is a very real option for me)

Paypal, escrow.com ...

What about shipping companies. Who do i choose if i go this route. Any recommendations?

Basically im information gathering so when the time comes to make a purchase from somebody, id like to offer them (and myself) and safe and secure way to exchange payment and shipping.

thanks

Go pats!

Dilly dilly. Go pats.

I’m also in N.H. and have purchased several trucks from around the county. I won’t buy local cruisers unless it’s a parts truck or is a newer Crusier that was well maintained. That said, don’t buy a truck sight unseen and don’t transfer money until You see it in person. If that’s a dealbreaker to the seller, than it should be a dealbreaker for you, too.

The only time I buy one just from photos is if it’s going to be a full restoration and it really doesn’t matter how pretty it is as long as it’s sooid and all there.

I bought a my 60 a few months ago from ebay. Was from Arizona and I used PP to give him a deposit and sent him a check for the balance once he sent me the invoice. I shipped the truck from Arizona to Houston and paid around $700. Much cheaper than flying out to get it. The truck was well documented with pics and receipts for recent work. I will say that there were some things that he could of told me that he didn't, but nothing that would of swayed me from buying it. We communicated a lot after the winning bid flaked out and he contacted me. Be warned...do not contact anyone over the internet about shipping a vehicle. They are ALL brokers and will tell you anything for you to agree to use their service and will string you along. Contact a physical shipping company yourself directly from the area you purchase. One that will actually be doing the shipping and do not pay until they can book you on a truck with a date. Expect that to take longer than they tell you. I paid a couple hundred once they got me a spot and the balance when it was delivered to my driveway. Things I was not told- horn did not work, alternator was not throwing out enough to keep battery charged, was hard to keep on the road due to suspension and loose tie rods. All things that we easily fixed once I got the truck, but I am glad I didn't fly out and drive it back.

I would recommend @Riverrunner for all your shipping needs. He can get it done and is actual person that you can call and speak to about your cruiser.

As for buying a cruiser, I have purchased several land cruisers that were located across the country. I have bought them sight unseen and had it work out great - and also not so great. You should probably expect to spend several thousand dollars sorting out things once you get the cruiser to your house. The reality is that - no matter what - you probably are not going to share the same expectations as the seller.

Im up in NH and clean rust free vehicles are hard to find. I have a few questions regarding buying, money exchange, and shipping. Im a owner and landcruiser enthusiast and lurk around this forum often. Im looking for a 60 and i see they pop up here quite frequently.

What are people using to pay sellers, other then cash or check. For example flying out and meeting face to face and driving home. (this is a very real option for me)

Paypal, escrow.com ...

What about shipping companies. Who do i choose if i go this route. Any recommendations?

Basically im information gathering so when the time comes to make a purchase from somebody, id like to offer them (and myself) and safe and secure way to exchange payment and shipping.

thanks

Go pats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom