97 lx450 not starting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Skipics4237

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello,
I've been totally stumped by this problem and would love any help anyone could provide. I have a 97 lx450, and today went to go drive it and it wouldn't start. I figured it was dead, switched over to a the second battery, and got lights but would not crank, and instead the lights become very faint when turned to on and then buzzes when I try to start it. I also get a buzzing sound when switching on the hazards, which confused me as well. I've checked the fuses, and tried jumping it from another battery and didn't have any luck. Is this a starter issue? Or am I missing something? Thank you in advance!

Hello,
I've been totally stumped by this problem and would love any help anyone could provide. I have a 97 lx450, and today went to go drive it and it wouldn't start. I figured it was dead, switched over to a the second battery, and got lights but would not crank, and instead the lights become very faint when turned to on and then buzzes when I try to start it. I also get a buzzing sound when switching on the hazards, which confused me as well. I've checked the fuses, and tried jumping it from another battery and didn't have any luck. Is this a starter issue? Or am I missing something? Thank you in advance!
If you're getting a buzzing then you're not getting correct voltage to the system.

Check battery voltage with multimeter and connections from the battery.

Also check Fusible Link. Keeping a spare in your glovebox can help to rule it put or solve your problem, very quickly.

Look for corrosion or bad connection on the big cables, especially ground. Remember those cables have two ends, so checking the battery side is just the first half

I chased a no start problem for a few months. After a new battery, I finally set aside some time to dig into it.

If all of the above check out (correct voltages where they should be in the ignition path) take a look into the alarm system.

I ended up having to bypass one connector on DS kick panel that has solved my problem since it directly cuts off starter solenoid.

To close the loop and show what the issue was.

Alternator was dead. Causing two dead batteries with the hellroaring system.

Unfortunately the third battery in back on the solar panel was dead for another reason but when the equation included three batteries not working it seemed more likely a starter issue but all is good now with a new alternator.

Also included checking all connections etc and having a couple of spare fusible links in the truck.

Thanks for the help for @Skipics4237 as he is a couple thousand miles away and mud is invaluable for helping him in a way I can’t.

Installing the alternator had issues as well but I was able to send him a link from mud that had the same issue.

So problem solved and appreciate the help as mud frequently is a resource that is listened to more than me.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom