'97 LX450 alarm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
At some point yesterday my alarm decided to arm itself and I was unable to disarm it. The remote is of course missing due to my toddler... Opening the door with the key of course set the alarm off and I had to call into work.

Not really sure what to do, I decided the quickest option was to pull the alarm system out of the LX. I was able to remove the wire harness and brain without issue. I just unplugged everything that went to the rs3000 brain under the seat and removed the wire harness. I should note that One thing I noticed was that there was a gray wire that followed the security light flasher that branched off to the ignition cylinder and stopped behind a foam wrap and a zip tie. When I removed the foam and zip tie the wire just dropped down as if it was not connected to anything.

However I still have a no start issue. When I go to start it everything goes as normal until I turn the key into the start position and the key in ignition chirping etc everything goes quiet. I'm assuming theres an ignition kill still going on some place.

So what am I doing wrong here? Ive been reading these threads on here tirelessly and getting no where.

Unplugging it is only part of the work that needs to be done. You ou still need to dig in and reverse/undo all the wiring and taps the old system used. FWIW, it sounds like that gray wire was the antenna for the security system.

Unplugging it is only part of the work that needs to be done. You ou still need to dig in and reverse/undo all the wiring and taps the old system used. FWIW, it sounds like that gray wire was the antenna for the security system.

I was beginning to be afraid of that. Any idea how to go about reversing the wiring? I’m good with pretty much everything except for wiring diagrams.

when I pulled mine out...
The system was interposed between the factory connectors, so find the mating ends of the connectors you pulled out with the alarm and reconnect the factory ends together. I also had a "no start" issue, it was a large single wire, grey with black trace or white with black trace, can't recall, with a white connector that controlled the starter relay. Once that was reconnected all has been normal.
I was amazed at how simple it was to remove the system and how fast it was to get it all back to normal, less than 20 minutes.

This picture shows a completely removed factory alarm system. Take a look at the two connectors that are circled in red. They each have a black wire with a white stripe going to them. These connectors interrupt the starter solenoid. Find the two connectors on the body that these were connected to, and connect them together, completing the circuit. Those two connectors should be in the driver's kick panel. That should solve your issue.

Factory Alarm System.jpg

Cheers

Yup! That's the critter!

Yup! That's the critter!
This picture shows a completely removed factory alarm system. Take a look at the two connectors that are circled in red. They each have a black wire with a white stripe going to them. These connectors interrupt the starter solenoid. Find the two connectors on the body that these were connected to, and connect them together, completing the circuit. Those two connectors should be in the driver's kick panel. That should solve your issue.

View attachment 2154911

Cheers
Connected this still not starting? What else I'm missing?

next in line would be the starter. Try adding a little more background to your issue for additional assistance here.
Lx450 doesn't want to start. Can't deactivate the disabled starter. I'm trying to figure out what else to do to bypass the ignition without removing the alarm and use the key fob for door lock and unlock

After removing the alarm, did you remember to reconnect the starter signal wire. Its white with a black strip and has a white square connector.
Ask me how I know....

After removing the alarm, did you remember to reconnect the starter signal wire. Its white with a black strip and has a white square connector.
Ask me how I know....
Found the solution of the issue of not starting. it's not the alarm. it's the neutral safety switch. one of the wire is loose. clean it and plug it in again.
thanks simple and rusty!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom