94 LC - Need O2 Sensors, what are my options? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 1994 LC needs the o2 sensors replaced. I am having a terrible time locating the original NTK sensors for this model year. What is everyone doing for replacement o2 sensors for these 93 and 94 engines? Are the Denso sensors the best available option? Also my exhaust is extremely rusty and my o2 sensor studs are essentially not threaded anymore at this point because of rust. I assume my only option there is to have an exhaust shop install new o2 sensor bungs. My current sensor is held in place with 2 stainless steel hose clamps which is obviously not the best long term setup.

Get the Denso sensors. If you don't have emissions testing, I would remove the PAIR and put the sensors in the manifold. Then you can cap the spots on the exhaust.

EDIT: Yes, sorry - NTK is for OBD1

Last edited:
I believe for a 94 you will want to get the OE NTK brand sensors. The exhaust system prior to 95 uses those. Newer 95+ 80 series use the Denso sensors.

If I am completely wrong somebody can tell me.

RockAuto might stock the sensors you need. Avoid cheap Chinese parts.

NTK has discontinued the 24044, they are no longer going to make this part. I was able to score a pair from two different sources and the last one a they had.
you can still buy a few 24080 (amazon) you might have to lengthen the harness?
BTW and As far as I know NTK used to make this sensors for Denso

Wow good thing I got mine 6 months ago. I’ve been running the Bosch with no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom