94 FJ80 Heater Core Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Help needed!

My 94 FJ80's heater core sprung a leak. What a PITA to get to. I don't think it can be repaired, so I'm looking to replace. From what I've read in other threads the heater core for a 94 is discontinued. I've scoured the 80 Series tech thread for advice and DIY's. I haven't found a clear write up, but I did read a thread that mentioned a OEM Heater core and tubes for a 97 LC would work.

The thread listed these parts a replacement.

Unit Sub-Assy, Heater Radiator - 87107-60270
Pipe, Front Heater radiator water - 87248-60650
Pipe, Heater water inlet - 87248-60660

Any help as to whether these are the correct parts needed would be greatly appreciated.

Also, does the AC unit have to come out?? or is there a sneaky way to get the heater unit out without removing AC too??

Thanks.

If anyone would know for sure, it would be Mud member Beno, I'd PM him, he might even have those parts in stock.

The front heater for all these is NLA.

You will have to source a used unit or have yours repaired.

What I would do is source one from one of the yards (@arcteryx or @slow95z ) then send it it in for pressure testing and cleaning and rebuilding (if necessary). Then pull the old one, have it rebuilt, and place it up here for sale because SOMEONE's going to need it.

i have one pulled already and can get it in the mail tomorrow ;)

I have some ready to ship. These are NLA so grab em while you can.

just got the call from shop, may need a new core myself. ordered from @arcteryx, actually had cart filled before coming here to poke around for info.

will have spare if it turns out I don't need one. just getting service done and heater had been bypassed completely.

just got the call from shop, may need a new core myself. ordered from @arcteryx, actually had cart filled before coming here to poke around for info.

will have spare if it turns out I don't need one. just getting service done and heater had been bypassed completely.
If I had known what a PITA changing that core out was - I probably would have bypassed the heater and bought a heavier coat!

Help needed!

My 94 FJ80's heater core sprung a leak. What a PITA to get to. I don't think it can be repaired, so I'm looking to replace. From what I've read in other threads the heater core for a 94 is discontinued. I've scoured the 80 Series tech thread for advice and DIY's. I haven't found a clear write up, but I did read a thread that mentioned a OEM Heater core and tubes for a 97 LC would work.

The thread listed these parts a replacement.

Unit Sub-Assy, Heater Radiator - 87107-60270
Pipe, Front Heater radiator water - 87248-60650
Pipe, Heater water inlet - 87248-60660

Any help as to whether these are the correct parts needed would be greatly appreciated.

Also, does the AC unit have to come out?? or is there a sneaky way to get the heater unit out without removing AC too??

Thanks.

The heater core is NOT NLA and is still available new OEM Toyota. 9 in the country. I would get them while you can if you do want/need one. I know I am getting a couple for the shelf.

Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 18.35.50.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 18.36.02.png

87248-60650 pipe is discontinued (Status Code =D means NLA)

Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 18.37.09.png

87248-60660 pipe is still available and there are 5 in the country.

Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 18.37.20.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 18.37.26.png

And what will that set us back? I’ve been slowly pulling my dash apart as mine is leaking. And cleaning up years of wiring adding.

Will be looking at repair if I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom