93 FZF80 Code 26. Stumble at Idle and No Power (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Okay. I think I bench tested it right. Constant power to stated terminals and then tapping ground wire to each stated terminal in order? Am I doing it right? The valve did not open or close when I did that.View attachment 3316547

That’s how I did it. I could feel the valve trying to open but it wouldn’t open.

Okay. I think I bench tested it right. Constant power to stated terminals and then tapping ground wire to each stated terminal in order? Am I doing it right? The valve did not open or close when I did that.View attachment 3316547
Yes, that's correct. So you got a current response from the motor on two legs, that indicates you don't have an open winding. One side was twice the other, indicating the motor was trying to move but couldn't. Break the valve apart and clean the piston bore. I'd bet when you put it back together, it works. Use the finest sanding cloth you can find. it won't take much to clean the bore.

Last edited:
Yes, that's correct. So you got a current response from the motor on two legs, that indicates you don't have an open winding. One side was twice teh other, indicating the motor was trying to move but couldn't. Break the valve apart and clean the piston bore. I'd bet when you put it back together, it works. Use the finest sanding cloth you can find. it won't take much to clean the bore.
I will split it tomorrow and see if cleaning it fixes it. If not used will definitely be the way I go!

Remember the '93-'94 valves are NLA; don't waste your time looking for them. Popular wisdom has it that the used '93-'94 valves are also fault prone, while the later ones aren't.

Update. Threw a new (used) IAC on a few days ago and have run around 60 miles. No more stumble. I disassembled my old one and cleaned it to no avail. Thanks Malleus and 93yota. I'm sure something else will come up eventually but for now I'm trouble free!

Update. Threw a new (used) IAC on a few days ago and have run around 60 miles. No more stumble. I disassembled my old one and cleaned it to no avail. Thanks Malleus and 93yota. I'm sure something else will come up eventually but for now I'm trouble free!

Awesome man! The credit goes to @Malleus since he was the one who gave me my remedy advice. Glad you’re back up and running!

Alright.. Back again. Truck seems to idle fine for the most part. Intermittently it seems to have an odd vibration around 600rpm when it idles. It does not change with the AC on or off.

Also, took the truck wheeling with my buddies and while on a set of rocks the truck almost died on me until I gave it some throttle. That's never happened before even on MULTIPLE wheeling trips..

CA gas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom