'91 mini is kicking my ass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.urbanlandcruisers.com
I took on a basket case at the shop. '91 4WD mini with 22RE. Old motor was shot but ran OK another shop replaced it with a crate 22RE. It will not throw a spark.

2 other shops looked at it and now I ended up with it.

New OEM wires
New OEM plugs
NEW OEM rotor
New OEM cap
New OEM ignightor
New OEM coil

It gets power to the coil and ignightor but will not throw a spark from the coil wire. The leads to the signal generator are new with the ignightor but the signal generator is original.

First question:
Can you meter the black and white wires from the connector to locations on the signal generator? I would think so and I get nothing leading me to think the generator is bad.

NO luck on the 'puter but it should be OK the truck drove into the first shop. Currently no codes and NO I much perfer EFI

In that case I would check the primary and secondary resistance at the coil to make sure it is good or just swap a known good coil from another truck in and see what you get.

If when you put the truck back together you accidently let one of the coil terminals ground you may have damaged the coil or the igniter.

If the coil checks out then look at the igniter as your culprit. I do not know of any test procedure for the igniter.

What is the voltage of the battery you are trying to crank it with? On some EFI setups, the computer must see a minimum voltage before it will turn on the fuel pump or ignition.

I could send you the computer and coil from my '90 toy truck....oh wait, it doesn't have a computer and is diesel, my bad ;)

I concur with John, any chance you can find a known running truck with the computer and coil that are good? I bet a little electrical mishap at one of the other shops, but if you play your cards right, the tard that did it will soon work for you :)

bk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom