'85FJ60 AC Question .. How Much Mineral Oil Lubricant Conundrum (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Mudders.. I'm in a bit of pickle.

I was evacuating my R12 System when the vacuum pump lost power. It was unattended at the time and an unknown volume of the Mineral Oil Lube for the pump got sucked into the FJ's AC system.... UGGG ! So I do not have a reference to know how much oil was in the compressor.

12oz of Mixed Vacuum Pump oil and A/C Mineral Oil came out of the compressor prior to being flushed with a compressed air flush kit and FJC Solvent.

I am going to assume that since the system was not running, no other parts in the circuit should be affected with the extra Mineral Oil. So the lubricant charge should be as follows based on the info I have.

1) I have a new receiver/dryer that is supposed to take 0.7oz according to the FSM
2) I replaced the Evaporator and that should take 1.7oz according to the FSM
3) The OEM 6P148 Compressor calls for no more than 7oz ( Per file:///Users/apple/Desktop/Oil%20Chart%20-%20Compressor-1.pdf )

The FSM does not have a lubricant charge spec for the compressor that I can find so I would like to know if the 7oz spec from the document is for to total charge for the entire system or if anyone can verify the 7oz is correct for the compressor alone.

Thank

Mark

Mark, am I not on speed dial on your flip phone? :rofl: No worries just start with 2.5 ounces in the compressor add 1 ounce to the condenser on the discharge line and the rest you already know. It is better to add oil later if needed but it's a pain to evacuate it with out a proper machine. Make sure you hand rotate the clutch to avoid the oil from being shot out of the compressor when it engages.

Thanks John.. you were next on my list..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom