SOLD 85 FJ60 bellhousing inspection cover (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Need a used one-piece flywheel/clutch inspection cover for my H42. It's an August 85 FJ60. I'm in Washington state.

Last edited:
That's a vin split year - note month of truck as there is a changeover for inspection cover. Quick way to also look is if its a 3pc cross member or one piece also if your H42 has a spacer between the trans and split case or no spacer.

@mattressking Nate,
You educated me some time back on these covers with a great picture showing the differences. I’ll see if I can dig it up. Still searching for mine though.

As a side note (not derailing the OP’s thread, just keeping it on top😉), I was hoping to meet you at Jimmy’s when you are down here, but alas, I will be out of town.

Ian

@mattressking Nate,
You educated me some time back on these covers with a great picture showing the differences. I’ll see if I can dig it up. Still searching for mine though.

As a side note (not derailing the OP’s thread, just keeping it on top😉), I was hoping to meet you at Jimmy’s when you are down here, but alas, I will be out of town.

Ian
Unfortunate I’ll miss ya Ian! I usually pop down and plan to again after this trip. Here’s the inspection cover detail:

Top - 85-87; used with 3F bellhousing when H55 came out, so 85-87 H42 for US trucks. This has a drastically different shape. See 2nd angle picture. Note assymetrical bolts.
Middle - ~75-80; note symetrical bolt holes.
Bottom - 80-84; note assymmetrical bolt holes (I believe this includes Fj40 and Fj60 together - not sure on exact year split so maybe '79 also?

1698759297692.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom