85 4Runner Fuel Gauge Sending Unit-14.7 gal gas tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looks like the fuel gauge sending unit for the 56 liter (14.7 gal) gas tank is discontinued (Part #83320-39505). My fuel gauge started bouncing erratically on my 85 4Runner with anything other than a full tank recently, so I have been looking to replace the old sending unit. What are people doing these days now that the part is not available (other than just monitoring miles driven and ignoring the gauge)?

Can I get the 65 liter (17.2 gal) tank fuel gauge sending unit (#83320-39515) which is still available and modify it? My understanding is that the 65 liter tank is deeper, so I can only assume that the sending unit will not fit in my 56 liter tank unmodified.

Thanks

Found this old thread on the TTORA board. Looks like you could possibly just swap out the float arm from your sender to the new one? Also, you don't have to drop the tank, there's an access panel under the rear seat. There is on mine, anyway.

Sending unit? - TTORA Forum

Found this old thread on the TTORA board. Looks like you could possibly just swap out the float arm from your sender to the new one? Also, you don't have to drop the tank, there's an access panel under the rear seat. There is on mine, anyway.

Sending unit? - TTORA Forum
That access panel is for the fuel pump. The sender is in a different location and requires tank removal.

That access panel is for the fuel pump. The sender is in a different location and requires tank removal.

Oh well.

Bringing this back from the dead. Need help on sourcing out a fuel sending unit. OP did you fix your issue? If so how? Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom