80 vs 100 argument in the 80 forum... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
for those of you who don't know yet, there ia an exasperatingly long thread going on in the 80 forum:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?p=725295#post725295

that is a "discussion" (?) of the relative merits of the 80 and 100.

Well, seeing where the thread is located you can guess which way the discussion is going :D but all the same, you might enjoy reading some of it.

(and Kudos to John S. for not being afraid to fight the battle on behalf of the rest of us 100 owners! Although, come to think of it, he has become much more circumspect since he bought an 80... :D )

e9999 said:
for those of you who don't know yet, there ia an exasperatingly long thread going on in the 80 forum:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?p=725295#post725295

that is a "discussion" (?) of the relative merits of the 80 and 100.

Well, seeing where the thread is located you can guess which way the discussion is going :D but all the same, you might enjoy reading some of it.

(and Kudos to John S. for not being afraid to fight the battle on behalf of the rest of us 100 owners! Although, come to think of it, he has become much more circumspect since he bought an 80... :D )
Typical 100 wankers.

e9999 said:

Not so fast. :D

When I find a nice (a typical) 80 with leather, adjustable seats, and low miles I'm guessing I won't mind driving an 80 any longer on long trips to trailheads(???). The kids will get my old one.

If that's the case then my opinion of the 100 might change....ya? :confused:

NEVER...NEVER...NEVER! It's HI-YO-100 AWAYYYYY! :D

As said over there, to each his own. I like all Land Cruisers, I don't understand why folks on here get so worked up over these comparisons.

calamaridog said:
Good idea, add more fuel to the fire:D

Did you envision it would still be on the first page and 9 pages + 10 months later? :flipoff2:

I say to each his own. I can never see myself getting rid of the 100, I'd probably say the same thing about an 80. May even have an 80 one day too.

Anyways, it's hardly analytical but still an "interesting" pic of a stock 80 beside my stock 100 with my 34" swampers that fit on stock suspension and stock 2 inches of lift on the push of a button:
PICT1216web.jpg

tabraha said:
Did you envision it would still be on the first page and 9 pages + 10 months later? :flipoff2:

I say to each his own. I can never see myself getting rid of the 100, I'd probably say the same thing about an 80. May even have an 80 one day too.

Anyways, it's hardly analytical but still an "interesting" pic of a stock 80 beside my stock 100 with my 34" swampers that fit on stock suspension and stock 2 inches of lift on the push of a button:

You get your point across so diplomatically. I wish I could write like that. :)

The only reason that thread has had such a long life is all the 80 owners are secretly planning on upgrading to the 100 but don't want the other board members to bid up prices on the used 100s. If they were really hard core wheelers they would all still be driving 45s or 60s.

NMuzj100 said:
If they were really hard core wheelers they would all still be driving 45s or 60s.

ouch.... :D

Idunknow...that 80 with the Volvo portals got my heart pump'n!

spressomon said:
Idunknow...that 80 with the Volvo portals got my heart pump'n!
If you are going to change axles, might as well do it on your 100 though.

LOL can't we all just get along? I am planning to get a 100 .... someday. Still keeping the 80.

hoser said:
If you are going to change axles, might as well do it on your 100 though.

Can you imagine what kind of project it would be to do the IFS in a 100? Wonder if Volvo portals are available as indies?

MLX450 said:
LOL can't we all just get along? I am planning to get a 100 .... someday. Still keeping the 80.

Landpimp is my hero...I'd like to have one of each...all decked out and customized for playing off-road! Right now for my uses, which involves quite a bit of gravel roads and relatively easy 4x4'n (no bouldering) the IFS of the 100 really keeps the max traction/comfort/control really high. Having said that if I was doing substantially more aggressive off-road trails where I needed the better articulation of the live front axle the 80 would be my starting point.

When I finally bought by first LC, which is my current 100, back in January of this year, I weighed, for a long time, whether to get a late model 80 or the 100. The IFS, V-8, additional room, finally won out...and I have no regrets. But having said that if I had a decked out 80 sitting in the garage next to my 100...they both would get used...just in different applications!

MLX450 said:

yes, we should all get along, good point!
eh, btw, what are you doing here if you don't have an 100, ya misguided lowlife prehistoric 80 hardware knuckle-dragging ape? :D :D :D :D

e9999 said:
eh, btw, what are you doing here if you don't have an 100, ya misguided lowlife prehistoric 80 hardware knuckle-dragging ape? :D

Dang.....that's more attitude than I give out! :D

I gots the IFS bluuuueeessss............

I want to put the 100 series IFS on my 80. Anyone done that before? :D

Right.

Actually, I enjoy the shameless baiting of Shotts in these threads. Not that I would do that. Long live the 80 vs. 100 thread even if it has to move to the IFS forum. Teaser pic, credit FirstToy. (this one won't make TT due to the ugly mofo who's back is toward the camera!)

Pic removed-sorry everyone!

Last edited:
e9999 said:
eh, btw, what are you doing here if you don't have an 100, ya misguided lowlife prehistoric 80 hardware knuckle-dragging ape? :D :D :D :D

glad nobody noticed I was here... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom