80 series with 235k miles? Crazy to buy??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I am considering a 1996 Lx450 with 235k miles... I havent seen the service history or overall condition yet... but am I crazy to even consider it with that many miles? I know these things are very sturdy... but that is still a lot of milles... guy is asking $5500...

Nick

Nothing wrong with high mileage. Depends on condition and maintenance more than anything. Is it bone stock, lockers?

many of them are going to be up in this mileage range. they are 14-18 years old. if it's well maintained mechanically and clean, i would do it. if the engine is caked in grease/dirt/oil and the body looks the same, i'd walk away quickly. if it's in between those conditions, that's where it gets sticky

Good info... I hope the vehicle is in good shape.. I like the white over grey color combo...

Still think it is alittle high on the price more like $4500 maybe
I guess it is all relative
Seems that the prices of cruisers lately have been holding pretty good

Ours has almost 300,000 .We still drive it on road trips. Get the maint. records! Thats the key. MIke

Nick
I purchased my 97 with 183k and records for $6200 in GA, same color combo. I talked the owner down $700 becouse it needed new tires.
Prices vary all over the country, but I have had the best luck out of keeping a search going on craigslist daily.
Miles aren't a concern as others have stated, as long as it has good maintanance history.
Keep us updated maybe we can give a better opinion once you see it.

I think the price is to high but I got a great deal on mine. 94 220k....under 4k no lockers

get the maint. Records. head gaskets ever been replaced?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom