80 Series wheels & tyres (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all
I'm doing my research for new wheels and tyres on my 1996 1hdft sahara so has the factory flares / has a 2" lift.
Looking at KMC machetes but want a mud terrain tyre.
Im doing a mix of mud and sand fun at weekends but don't want an all terrain tyre
Any advise on brand, sizes to fill the arch, pics and other cheaper brand of wheels I should look at cos these KMC are a lot of money but look the nuts.
Sorry its a bit everywhere this post but im up against it with what to do.

Hi all
I'm doing my research for new wheels and tyres on my 1996 1hdft sahara so has the factory flares / has a 2" lift.
Looking at KMC machetes but want a mud terrain tyre.
Im doing a mix of mud and sand fun at weekends but don't want an all terrain tyre
Any advise on brand, sizes to fill the arch, pics and other cheaper brand of wheels I should look at cos these KMC are a lot of money but look the nuts.
Sorry its a bit everywhere this post but im up against it with what to do.
SCS rims correct fit for offset and hub size

285/75r16 (33") if you want to stay legal. This is kind of the "stock" not stock tire size.
They look like they belong in the guards, but still room for bigger tyres. Boys in blue won't look twice

315/75r16 (35") for a bit more width and height, fill the guards a bit more and with 2" lift should have no clearance issues.
Depending on which state you're in, you could be starting to push your luck with highway patrol.

285/75r16 (33") if you want to stay legal. This is kind of the "stock" not stock tire size.
They look like they belong in the guards, but still room for bigger tyres. Boys in blue won't look twice

315/75r16 (35") for a bit more width and height, fill the guards a bit more and with 2" lift should have no clearance issues.
Depending on which state you're in, you could be starting to push your luck with highway patrol.
Thanks mate, I’m in Qld

I'm seeing more and more aftermarket wheel companies popping on social media that sell hub-centric 17s for the 80 series which is a wonderful thing. This negates the need for those superfluous+annoying hub rings.

What you're looking for is bolt pattern 6x139.7 with 106.1mm bore. I generally like to stick with an 8.5 to 9" width wheel to fit 35s or 37s in the rather ubiquitous 12.5" widths.

SCS has been around and is almost too popular since you see them so often on Toyota trucks; nevertheless, a solid option such as the F5s

Summit Offroad - I really like the Dakars and currently run the Sierras in 17x8.5 ET25 (these will be FS soon)

KMC Wheels - I just ordered the newly released KM725 which come in a siq 17x9 ET38 spec (nearly 4" of dish!); love the BBS y-spoke timeless centers (this is my all time fav design for any type of vehicle)

Relations Race Wheels - More conservative specs, but with clean multi-spoke designs and they even sell forged truck wheels

Black Rhino - Another popular brand by TSW that sell those military looking things like the Arsenal (they're very heavy though)

Have a blast in your search!

Last edited:
I'm seeing more and more aftermarket wheel companies popping on social media that sell hub-centric 17s for the 80 series which is a wonderful thing. This negates the need for those superfluous+annoying hub rings.

What you're looking for is bolt pattern 6x139.7 with 106.1mm bore. I generally like to stick with an 8.5 to 9" width wheel to fit 35s or 37s in the rather ubiquitous 12.5" widths.

SCS has been around and is almost too popular since you see them so often on Toyota trucks; nevertheless, a solid option such as the F5s

Summit Offroad - I really like the Dakars and currently run the Sierras in 17x8.5 ET25 (these will be FS soon)

KMC Wheels - I just ordered the newly released KM725 which come in a siq 17x9 ET38 spec (nearly 4" of dish!); love the BBS y-spoke timeless centers (this is my all time fav design for any type of vehicle)

Relations Race Wheels - More conservative specs, but with clean multi-spoke designs and they even sell forged truck wheels

Black Rhino - Another popular brand by TSW that sell those military looking things like the Arsenal (they're very heavy though)

Have a blast in your search!
Hey! Considering picking up some KM725's. Did you end up getting them mounted on your 80, any photos?

I noticed for 17x9 et -38, the KMC site lists them as not being compatible with an 80 series. Did you just have to run them without caps?

Thanks,

Hey! Considering picking up some KM725's. Did you end up getting them mounted on your 80, any photos?

I noticed for 17x9 et -38, the KMC site lists them as not being compatible with an 80 series. Did you just have to run them without caps?

Thanks,
hey 3, i'll share some pics with you when i get them on hopefully later this month.

Last edited:
hey 3, i'll share some pics with you when i get them on hopefully later this month.
Appreciate it! To confirm, 17x9 et -38 is what you ended up going with? I see you mentioned ET38 but I'm not seeing a +38, only, 17x8.5 0 and 17x9 -38.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom