80 Series wheels & tyres (1 Viewer)

Hi all
I'm doing my research for new wheels and tyres on my 1996 1hdft sahara so has the factory flares / has a 2" lift.
Looking at KMC machetes but want a mud terrain tyre.
Im doing a mix of mud and sand fun at weekends but don't want an all terrain tyre
Any advise on brand, sizes to fill the arch, pics and other cheaper brand of wheels I should look at cos these KMC are a lot of money but look the nuts.
Sorry its a bit everywhere this post but im up against it with what to do.

Hi all
I'm doing my research for new wheels and tyres on my 1996 1hdft sahara so has the factory flares / has a 2" lift.
Looking at KMC machetes but want a mud terrain tyre.
Im doing a mix of mud and sand fun at weekends but don't want an all terrain tyre
Any advise on brand, sizes to fill the arch, pics and other cheaper brand of wheels I should look at cos these KMC are a lot of money but look the nuts.
Sorry its a bit everywhere this post but im up against it with what to do.
SCS rims correct fit for offset and hub size

mudgudgeon

SILVER Star
285/75r16 (33") if you want to stay legal. This is kind of the "stock" not stock tire size.
They look like they belong in the guards, but still room for bigger tyres. Boys in blue won't look twice

315/75r16 (35") for a bit more width and height, fill the guards a bit more and with 2" lift should have no clearance issues.
Depending on which state you're in, you could be starting to push your luck with highway patrol.

285/75r16 (33") if you want to stay legal. This is kind of the "stock" not stock tire size.
They look like they belong in the guards, but still room for bigger tyres. Boys in blue won't look twice

315/75r16 (35") for a bit more width and height, fill the guards a bit more and with 2" lift should have no clearance issues.
Depending on which state you're in, you could be starting to push your luck with highway patrol.
Thanks mate, I’m in Qld

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom