80 Series Value (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
With the 80 series being such a great offroading truck, why are the values continuing to plummet?? I used to own a FJ-62 and "upgraded" to an 80. Soon the 80 will drop below the 62 value. Hopefully, the prices will bottom out soon!

One word.

gas prices.

(OK, that's two words. Sue me.)

There's an FJ62 in today's paper for $1500 and a 140k FJ60 for $2000. I'll bet you a case of Boddington's you won't find a 140k 80 series in that price range.

-B-

Last edited:
Around here, we have quite a few 60 series for sale with prices way above 80 series prices.
I had to laugh when I saw an '85 60 series for sale with an asking price of $19,500. Granted it was in fairly nice condition and the engine was rebuilt...but it was clearly more than $13k overpriced.

I have no issues with the prices going down since I have no plans on selling my 80.

Value and price can mean two seperate things :)
It does seem that the 62's are holding their prices pretty well though.

I think there's a difference between what people ask for their 60 series and what they end up taking. It took me over 3 months to sell my '83 FJ60, ended up with it on e-bay, and felt luck to get $5.5K, with lift, winch, bumper, 33x12.5 MT's, headers, Yakima rack, AND my M416 trailer, hitch, spare tire, hi-lift, etc. etc... Gas prices won't help.

Comparing the prices to 62's is a bad comparison .... you see, 62's have gold plated muffler bearings and other rare parts.

Seriously though, the FJ62 market is sooo far out of whack in a lot of cases its laughable. I still dont understand how people think they are worth so much more? Sure, I I think you are seeing prices on 80's and most other large SUV's falling because of gas prices. The 60 & 62's have already kind of stabilized before the gas hike.

$9500 for this very nice 62.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=62662

Given recent prices, if I were to sell my 1994 80 with many less miles today that's probably what I would ask.

The explanation is pretty simple. Supply & Demand.

A nice stock 80 is relatively easy to find. A cherry 60 series isn't as easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom