Registry 80 Series Registry (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you have issues with your tires hitting the wheel well? I have OME heavies all around and 315/75R16s on my Cruiser and when I hit a bump read hard or fast or land hard on the rig I can hear the tires rub on the wheel well and feel the hit as well![/QUOOL

Well.... issues.. not much actually.
flexing.

Its tight at the rear with 37" but never heard them touch.
When I use 38"s it touches the wheelarch at full flex(lack of bumpstops)

Look closely and you can see the original wheel arch inside, thats where my 38s touches

The front with spacer on top of the spring

Front again. Theres a tiny spot inside the bumper right below of one of the bolts that 38" touches barely. No problem in the front with 37s

Looks like you have more clearance between your tire and the wheel well though! *SHRUG*

91' fj-80
283,000 miles
Simply known as "the cruiser" at home.
2 1/2" ome medium coils
Custom bumpers in progress. Built by me.
31" BFG all terrains and 35" super swamper boggers.
2cdaec86.jpg

0361f90c.jpg

My New FZJ80 - Big Red

I have been lurking here since I bought my 80 in April. I thought that this would be an appropriate first post. I bought this truck off of Craigslist in Houston and I couldn't be happier with it. It was in perfect mechanical condition, had factory front and rear lockers and was a rust free California truck. I just wish that I had made the plunge sooner.

1) 1993 FZJ80 with Factory Lockers

2) Ed

3) Big Red

4) 230,000ish, I had to replace the speedo at 225k

5) Mods/Mechanical: ARB winch bumper, 4" lift (done by Toyota (TRD?)), new paint job in original color, Filipino corduroy seat covers - no more hot leather, Thule roof basket, new speedo cluster, new tranny speed sensor, new vacuum brake booster, ditched the OEM antenna for a whip antenna.

6) Future Mods/Mechanical: Rear A/C install with OEM Toyota rear evaporator and fan (have the stuff, just need to install it), send fuel injectors off for cleaning, new O2 sensors, Dist. Cap & Wires, winch, rear tire carrier bumper, de-rack and paint roof white, refinish OEM wheels, 2nd battery, disconnect annoying alarm klaxon, add extended range fuel tank or sub tank, new rack that actually works.

7) Daily driver and weekend expedition truck (for Big Bend).

The first pic shows how the 80 looked when I bought it.
IMG_2644.jpg
IMG_2841.jpg
IMG_2843.jpg

Last edited:
Registration

My first Land Cruiser, referred to as Landy. Had an FJ but it got totaled. Black 1997 FJ80 with 200K. 1 owner, and runs great. Bone Stock as of now. Planning on OME lift and level with tires ASAP. Then front and rear bumpers. Working on removing the fake woodgrain around the dash, and getting the leather cleaned up. Need seat gears and motors, or preferrably replace with cloth all around.

Those are the wants. The needs include and mod to the temp guage to make sure she's not getting hot in the 100+* summers, all fluids changed, and a coversion to synthetic I believe. Not sure on that yet. I read all the info regarding oil, but didn't get my mind made up. Would like more feedback from those who have made the change.

Last edited:
1995 Cruiser

1995 FJ80
The wife calles it "Bubbles"
190,000 miles
Bone Stock
Looking for some Air Lockers, 2.5 lift and agressive tires. Oh, 2 batt kit would be nice too.
We are in Honolulu
HL.jpg
LC2.jpg

Sandy Beach, Oahu, Hi. Thats by the bathrooms town side. Damn I miss the warm ocean. Up here in WA only got cold water. Nice LC. I'm shipping mine back when we move back home?

Haha, yeah, that's exactly where we took the pic. If you drive your truck to Cali i think it's gonna cost about $1300 to ship it to Oahu.

hehe

When we moved up here we paid $1100 to Tacoma ports. Doing the same when we go back. I used to surf towards the left and right of where your parked. Then used to take the keiki's to swim in the small ponds by that same location. Memory lane.

Haha, yeah, that's exactly where we took the pic. If you drive your truck to Cali i think it's gonna cost about $1300 to ship it to Oahu.

1. 1991 FJ80 3FE
2. Jason
3. BROWN-BROWN
4. 288,000
5. OME 850j & 863j, 35x12.5r15 tires
6. Used as a WEEKEND WARRIOR
DSC04968.jpg

DSC04967.jpg

DSC04957.jpg

Future work includes:

- front spacers
- longer shocks
- caster corr.
- rear tire carrier
- 325/80r16 tires
- & window tint so people don't see the wife and I in the back seat.

THANKS FOR LOOKING

Last edited:
1.1994/95 Hdj 80
2. Stian Egeli
3. no name yet
4. 235 000 km
5. OME lift kit + spring spacers, arb lockers front and rear, ome caster correction kit, 37" or 38" tires, Safari snorkel,3" exhaust, intercooler, african outback roofrack, cb-radio, kc pods, ++ and a lot more coming
6. much as possible off and on road
DSCF4185.jpg

I am liking your rig.... just wondering though if you used the OME "J" springs?
The reason I am asking is that I want to run 37's and if that is what it looks like then I have to do it.
Thanks

Last edited:
1. 1996 FZJ80
2. Sean Girvan
3. Bruiser the Blue Landcruiser
4. 152,000
5. All Stock, not Locked
Plan on OME 2.5" and much of the Slee catalog haha
6. Daily Driver/Camping/Mountain Wagon
Bruiser.jpg

I am liking your rig.... just wondering though if you used the OME "J" springs?
The reason I am asking is that I want to run 37's and if that is what it looks like then I have to do it.
Thanks
My front springs has part nr 850s- front shocks N70
rear springs has partnr 863 - rear shocks N71

remember- I have spring spacers on top of my springs too.

by the way: kinnards80, Nice rig:cool:

1. 1995
2. Jay
3. no name
4. 180,xxx
5. OME 2.5 Medium Lift, factory lockers, 285 BFG TAs, custom cut front bumper cause it was already torn up by PO
6. Rocks, snow, rivers, trail riding, camping, expedition wannabe, getting me to work, hauling the kids:steer:

IMG00193-1.jpg

Stuck the first week while "testing it out" at the local stream
Unnamed.jpg

I have been lurking here since I bought my 80 in April. I thought that this would be an appropriate first post. I bought this truck off of Craigslist in Houston and I couldn't be happier with it. It was in perfect mechanical condition, had factory front and rear lockers and was a rust free California truck. I just wish that I had made the plunge sooner.

1) 1993 FZJ80 with Factory Lockers

2) Ed

3) Big Red

4) 230,000ish, I had to replace the speedo at 225k

5) Mods/Mechanical: ARB winch bumper, 4" lift (done by Toyota (TRD?)), new paint job in original color, Filipino corduroy seat covers - no more hot leather, Thule roof basket, new speedo cluster, new tranny speed sensor, new vacuum brake booster, ditched the OEM antenna for a whip antenna.

6) Future Mods/Mechanical: Rear A/C install with OEM Toyota rear evaporator and fan (have the stuff, just need to install it), send fuel injectors off for cleaning, new O2 sensors, Dist. Cap & Wires, winch, rear tire carrier bumper, de-rack and paint roof white, refinish OEM wheels, 2nd battery, disconnect annoying alarm klaxon, add extended range fuel tank or sub tank, new rack that actually works.

7) Daily driver and weekend expedition truck (for Big Bend).

The first pic shows how the 80 looked when I bought it.

I saw this for sale, but at the same time I found mine and pulled the trigger, nice truck. I think I see you around town from time to time.

An other White one

**FJ80,1992 (Dif-Loks)

**209,000 miles

**Pro Comp Rock Crawlers (98 series), BFG AT 32x11.5x R15, changed transmition, repack (power steering box, pump , motor) Soni X-plode

** Future medium term projects (ARB bull bar,MAF 4+lift,New paint job) 33x12.5xr15

fj801.jpg

fj802.jpg
fj801.jpg
fj802.jpg

1994 FZJ80, Factory Lockers
My two year old calls it "Truckasaurus"
102000 miles
Stock
Family Wagon

This is my first Cruiser. Found it locally and it is a clean One Owner vehicle. The PO was very meticulous about Pm and it really shows. I'm glad I held out for just the right 80. Many thanks to MUD members for sharing their knowledge about these trucks.
17098977481284938558IM108565x421_A562x421.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom