Registry 80 Series Registry (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi all. New to the lc scene. Picked up my first one a few weeks ago
Owner name: chris Luciano

91 fj80

All stock for now but I fo have a set of 93 fzj80 axles with factory lockers that I'm rebuilding for it.

Originally went to go look at it for Sas parts for my 4runner but it was so clean I couldn't justify tearing it apart(literally only needs exhaust . So it's going to be my budget build tow rig/work vehicle. I've got $1050 into her so far. 500 purchase price, 500 fir the pair of axles and 50 for a set of exhaust downpipes.

Thanks fir the add

Screenshot_2015-11-07-09-01-58.png

Screenshot_2015-11-07-09-02-20.png

1993 fj80
Chad
Stock, full front rear lockers, overdrive.
Been resprayed (not great). No leaks.
One owner
Interior is 8/10. Amazing shape.
Maybe paid too much @ $10.5k?
But I really love it. Going to red rock Mojave with fam this weekend.

True. I could think of at least eight thousand things.

Sent from my iPhone

Joined the herd a few weeks ago. On a whim, decided to search Craigslist and amazingly, a 95 FZJ80 popped up that had factory lockers and a lower than the other LC's price. Mileage was 409k, but I decided to at least look at it.

I found a truck that was mechanically well maintained, and only minor exterior issues and just a mostly torn drivers seat.

Bought it and have been fixing small things so far (HVAC lighting, passenger power seat gear replacement, new head unit) and deciding what the next big necessary purchase will be.

1. Paul Jones
2. 1995 FZJ80 White
3. 410,000 miles
4. My kids call it Gordon Freeman (named after a main character in Half Life)
5. Factory lockers that work
6. Mostly stock except CDL switch

Paid $5300, probably going put in OME 2.5HD since i carry tools almost all the time, gonna reskin the front ans rear seats and new drivers seat cushion. And a new steering wheel. Still deciding on bumpers and sliders. No adventures yet, but the fall and winter is when me and my friends prefer to play in the Desert areas.

This LC replaced my 1988 4runner V6. Now for sale.

Cheers
PJ

I've been wanting one forever and finally bought one about a month ago.

1. Year and model: 1991 FJ80
2. Name of owner: Todd
3. Name of rig: Godzirra
4. Mileage: 188,000
5. Mods: Bone Stock
6. How the truck is used: Cruising, extra vehicle.

20151025_105126.jpg

1. 1994 FJ80
2. Jeffo
3. She
4. 236,139
5. Loud horn!!!
6. DailyDriver
7. see below....

Original owner, bought from dealer with 21 miles, traded in 19914Runner and 1993 Mitsubishi VR4, Green with tan interior, only colour we could get in the northeast. Took this rig EVERYWHERE, moving kids, cars and vacations. Endless weekends and beach driving in the Carolina's.

2010 was changing out the shocks and rear breaks, bolt shears off and several days of laying on the ground trying to drill it out let to impulse/frustration, bought a 2011 Yukon Denali and put She in a barn for five years....

Long story short, wife took Denali, left me with BMW 325xi and bad transmission, BMW funded return to the road project for She, $4k in parts plus new Michelins, LTX-M/S and She is back to my daily driver....

IMG_0022.jpg
IMG_0021.jpg
IMG_3689.jpg
IMG_3690.jpg

E8nenTsncH5py33I24zVyrMwZixkoIcH-R1xbOhTKXo%2C2p1NV0Tc7l-EBZUtp6TMLnQI0BaXGJcR5ZlfnZBC_Ok

1. Year and model: 1997 FZJ80, Collectors Edition
2. Name of owner: Adam
3. Name of rig: The Beast
4. Mileage: 130,508
6. How the truck is used: DD

Been looking for a while and found a local guy who shipped it up from Florida 5 years ago and drove it sparingly. Never thought I'd find a rust-free truck in the Northeast! Super clean and very well-maintained. Paint is nice and shiny and interior very good. Runs and drives like it should.

This will replace my 2013 Tacoma.

Cheers,
A

1. 1997 TLC 40th Anniversary, locked
2. Will - the third owner
3. Douglas
4. 165000
5. ARB Deluxe front w/ LED daytime running lights & PIAA round lights (from PO), new door speakers, new radiator hoses & PHH, PPO replaced suspension but I don't know what kind
6. DD, PNW trails, overlanding eventually
I'm in the PDX area
IMG_6220.JPG

1. 1997 LX450
2. Franklin
3. No name as of yet
4. 245k
5. I added a roof rack...
More mods to come, I hope.
6. Daily driver and occasional trips to the mountains or beach.
image.jpeg

E8nenTsncH5py33I24zVyrMwZixkoIcH-R1xbOhTKXo%2C2p1NV0Tc7l-EBZUtp6TMLnQI0BaXGJcR5ZlfnZBC_Ok

1. Year and model: 1997 FZJ80, Collectors Edition
2. Name of owner: Adam
3. Name of rig: The Beast
4. Mileage: 130,508
6. How the truck is used: DD

Been looking for a while and found a local guy who shipped it up from Florida 5 years ago and drove it sparingly. Never thought I'd find a rust-free truck in the Northeast! Super clean and very well-maintained. Paint is nice and shiny and interior very good. Runs and drives like it should.

This will replace my 2013 Tacoma.

Cheers,
A
Got to love it. Replacing a 2013 tacoma with a 1997 land cruiser. Enjoy the ride!!

Last edited:
Bought this one on Halloween after reading/studying the forum for some time... Lots of big plans, but little money...

1. 1996 FZJ80
2. Oliver
3. No Name yet
4. 188k
5. New Tires (285/75/16) and Spare Tire Mod
6. Runabout/Weekender and Father/Son/Grandfather Project

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Been watching the forum for years and I finally talked my dad into selling his '94 to me!

1. 1994 FZJ80, not locked.
2. Mark
4. 87,xxx original one owner miles!!
5. Completely stock for now. Not sure if I want to mod or keep stock
6. Not a DD.

Last edited:
Picked this up a few weeks ago, been wanting one for years and finally got one.

1. 1996 LX450
2. Chris
3. Battle Bus
4. 230k
5. Rancho adjustable shocks, crappy 285's, and ugly wheels
6. DD, camping, hunting

25poizt.jpg

Finally we're on the road (or have been until I've punched the radiator..). It's a British (RHD) model, with a swapped LHD body, the work took almost a year and a half, ton of money and nerves. But it drives great :)

For anybody considering the same -- don't do it unless there's a TON of reasons. The source of all trouble has just one name on it -- ELECTRONICS. Most harnesses had to be done by modding original (expensive on it's own) second hand harnesses (see for yourself how much the new ones cost..yikes). All in all it was basically the same amount of work you'd put in your electrifying your standard two storey office building. And the cost was about double that :D

1. 1993 HDJ 80 AT, factory locked
2. There are more of us :)
3. Truck
4. 197k mi
5. RHD->LHD, 6404 paint, Removed ABS, removed AC (will be puttin it back), removed EGR, otherwise stock for now
6. Family DD, crap hauler, at one point expedition vehicle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom