Trade 80 Series rear antenna mounts (free fer nothin') (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.sdsysdesign.com
I have a pair of the powder coated antenna mounts in this thread:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/rear-anntena-mount-for-all-fj80s.571267/
I'm offering them for "free fer nothin". I only ask that you pay shipping and please send me the OEM factory pieces that were there.
These were on the vehicle as purchased, are both in excellent shape with not even a scratch, and I want them off the truck to return to stock.
20141028_110505.jpg

20141028_110554.jpg

20141104_113226.jpg
20141104_113245.jpg

Last edited:
In

So eldotcruiser turned out to be a douchebag. Claimed he never received the mounts I sent after I received the delivery confirmation from the USPS. He did not hold up his end of the deal and decided to jerk me off for a whole $10.

Maybe now you can afford to buy some dignity.

Sorry to hear that Jon, good on you for offering this up for a simple trade to the community. Sorry to hear this burned you.

Jon
I have the stock pieces, you can have for free.
Pm your shipping info
Mike
edit: just saw other thread you got a set

Last edited:
Jon,

I do sincerely appreciate the opportunity you presented to make this trade. I have followed through on our agreement up to the point where I did not receive the product I paid for. From there I have tried to work with you to find a reasonable solution that didn’t leave me empty handed. I have not given you any indication that I am unwilling to find a mutually satisfying resolution to this problem.

What I do not appreciate is your lack of understanding and patience. I am also not a fan of being unjustifiably insulted, called a “douchebag”, or having my dignity questioned. For whatever reason, you have decided to tarnish my meager reputation on this forum over a small amount of money and less than a week without contact. A holiday week, no less. Moreover, you have done this without providing any inclination of my initial cooperation or attempts to work out a solution:

1. I did pay you the initial shipping cost of $10.72 on November 7th and, prior to that, I purchased a $6.00 express mail box to send my hatch stops to you.

2. The tracking number you initially gave me showed (and still shows) that the package associated with it has not been delivered. It was not until Wednesday, November 12th, that a tracking number was produced to prove that a package was delivered to my address.

3. I called you the same day and we agreed I could take till Friday November 14th to sort out the location of the package before we moved on to find a solution. I spent the next two days shaking down mail carriers trying to figure out where the package went, to no avail.

4. I then emailed you on November 14th to ask if it would be ok to use your information (since it is required) to open an insurance claim with the post office. You did not respond to this email.

5. In an attempt to replace the item I could no longer justify sending to you without replacement, I went about asking various part out sellers if they had the hatch stops available. On November 21st, when I found someone who had them, I immediately forwarded the information to you and suggested I could buy and ship them to you. I also asked if you would be willing to return the initial $10.72 investment, since I did not receive what I paid for and did not want to walk away empty handed.

6. That day, you responded that, in my absence, you went and bought the hatch stops yourself, asked that I send you the $10.00 you spent on them, and assured me that the antenna mounts would “turn up eventually”. I started working on preparing an insurance claim with permission to use your information.

7. You asked me for a status update on Monday, November 24th (the week of Thanksgiving) and, when I did not respond, started talking s*** about me 5 days later.

I apologize for my initial response to your thread, but I was insulted that you would resort to schoolyard language over such an insignificant amount of money. Even more so in front of a group of our peers without prior warning of this escalation.

I apologize as I may not have kept in contact with you as often as I should have, but you have both my phone number and email. If my response time was not satisfactory, you knew (and still know) where to find me.

I also apologize for not immediately taking off my hatch stops and shipping them to you, but, in retrospect, I am not sorry for that. It is apparent to me that you have no interest in seeing both parties of this trade satisfied. It is unfortunate, but it appears that you are more interested in making me look bad than making sure you, as a seller, are making fair deals and supporting your customers.

It is correct that this is the second time I have been burned and not received a product I have spent my hard earned money on. I hope you can understand why I am not rushing to arbitrarily send you more money before I have benefited in some way from this trade. I was hoping that an insurance claim with the post office would clear before I sent you the $10.00 you requested, but it has not.

You’ll find $10.00 from me in your paypal. Happy holidays.

Attachments

• Antenna mounts IH8MUD Forum.pdf
    299.5 KB · Views: 116
  • Gmail - 80 Series Antenna Mounts.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 151
  • Gmail - Hatch stops and end cap.pdf
    558.6 KB · Views: 146

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom