80 Series -- Passive Grounding System? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i installed soem led bulbs into the headlights and the only thing i had to do was just de-pin the headlight connectors and swap the power and ground around so they would plug in since they were "universal" fit.

I just visited landcruiasergrilles.com and now I see what you mean. That looks like it will take care of the physical installation.
Frankly, I didn't know that existed. After seeing the pictures, I kind of wish I hadn't.
Be sure to post up pics of your install. :)

LOL, you misunderstood my comment.
Whoops. Me thought you likey... To my knowledge, no way to upgrade squared lights to same capability, given everything modern is geared toward light distribution from rounds. Wide open to whatever can be done and seeing how far it goes...

Whoops. Me thought you likey... To my knowledge, no way to upgrade squared lights to same capability, given everything modern is geared toward light distribution from rounds. Wide open to whatever can be done and seeing how far it goes...
It's your truck, so do what makes you happy. I'm more of a purist when it comes to this stuff.

It's your truck, so do what makes you happy. I'm more of a purist when it comes to this stuff.
I'm starting from a point where I'm assuming--largely from what I've read here--that the tech has left squares behind, and though improvements can be made to the stock lights--the larger gap cannot be bridged. Also, gotta say I love those amber halos as turn signals. It's the little costly things, right? ;)

Ha, can't tell you. I'm looking at headlights, mfr tells me they won't work out of the box if the vehicle has a passive grounding system, and points me to a shop that makes an adapter that mimics a standard ground for the headlight connections, if it turns out I need that. I can go back and ask what he means by "passive ground"--and hope he's not just repeating what someone else told him. Lemme do that...
Beam tech LED headlight connectors are reversible and work fantastic in my 1997 80.

Screenshot_20211225-154439.png

Do you mean "positive ground"? Some older cars, especially those cursed with Lucas electrics, had a positive ground system. Every modern vehicle, including 80 Series', has a negative ground system.

Cheers
lol
what?
cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom