80 Series LED Madness!!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
Website
www.pfranleds.com
Edit: Due to many request to tone down the brightness of the front map light, I have sourced new front panel 20 LED front panels. These are still much brighter than the OEM bulbs but are less of a distraction when on while the vehicle is in motion.

Good.JPG

I have a very successful LED thread (https://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series-cruisers/467075-led-madness.html) in the 100 section and I would like to bring you guys in on it.

Basically, I have sourced the LED bulbs necessary to outfit the 80s series at a very attractive price point and I am ready to start shipping (if you guys are interested).

I have been doing testing on the 80s series using the great staff at ACC Toyota in Atlanta, GA and Brian has been a huge help (letting me climb around in his 80).

As I understand it, the 80 comes in four interior lighting configurations. Here are the kits.

Note that each includes one spare of each bulb type.

Kit #1: Front Dome, Middle Dome
20120110_223656.jpg

Kit #2: Front Dome, Middle Dome, Rear Dome
20120110_223623.jpg

Kit #3: Front Dome, Middle Dome, Rear Dome, Door Lights
20120110_223443.jpg

Kit #4: Front Dome, Middle Dome, Door Lights
20120110_223550.jpg

PRICING (this includes USPS small flat rate box shipping to addresses in the United States):

80-KIT #1 - $29
80-KIT #2 - $37
80-KIT #3 - $54
80-KIT #4 - $46

ORDERING INSTRCTIONS

1. Receive my PayPal email address
2. In PayPal, go to notes to seller (Message) section
3. Enter your Mud name
4. Enter your real name
5. Enter your address
6. Enter your kit #

This keeps me from having to jump back and forth between PMs, email and Paypal trying to figure out who is who and what they ordered.

Please PM me for Paypal details. Also, Make sure you include which kit# you are requesting.

NOTE: It makes it WAY easier on my if your Paypal profile information is updated as all I have to do is press one button to print a shipping label!

I'll add more to this initial post as I think of it. Thanks!

Here are some pics of the LEDs installed on Brian's (ACC Co-owner) 80...

Front dome (stock):
IMG071.jpg

Front dome after 48 LED panel install:
IMG073.jpg

Front dome ON:
IMG074.jpg

Center dome LED:
IMG078.jpg

10 LED door bulbs:
IMG076.jpg

Here are some pictures of the newer type panels and bulbs:

20120110_222734.jpg

20120110_223656.jpg

10 LED bulbs (for doors)

LEDs%252520marketing%252520276.JPG

PLEASE READ:

A lot of people are sending PayPal payments that just contain the buyers real name. I have no idea what you want, what your Mud name is, and where you want it shipped. There is a section on the buyer side for notes to seller. You need to enter the following information in this area::

-Mud name
-Real Name
-kit number (80 #3)
-Ship to address

With the amount of volume I am working with, it is a royal pain to play detective and comb through multiple threads, forums, PM inboxes, personal email and Paypal transactions trying to figure out that John Smith is really MudLVR69 and that he wants the 80s kit #3 shipped to 305 Nitto Trail, Mudville, LA 71432

...And don't come back at me with the "you should know what kit it is by the amount sent" response. Payments come through in varying amounts depending on how the user tags the payment. I am also selling kits for different makes and models and there is some overlap with kit pricing.

Other than that, thanks for making this a successful thread! I look forward to providing you all with as many kits as necessary. I am also looking into the whole rear exterior thing and have samples en-route.

Last edited:
Interested.

Holy LED Batman

Interested as will.

Interested in the #2 configuration.

I'm in

Prices please! Looks good!

As discussed in pm, definitely interested. thanks!

I have those 48 LED array things in all three domes same color temp.. love them though not cheap $25 or something a piece

Do these arrays have some form of voltage regulation? It is my understanding that voltage spikes in the vehicle will shorten the lifespan of LED arrays considerably.

From what I've seen the Chinese suppliers include a fuse for each. The LX450 has the #3 configuration I think. Depending on price I might be interested.

I have those 48 LED array things in all three domes same color temp.. love them though not cheap $25 or something a piece

These will be WAY cheaper.

Do these arrays have some form of voltage regulation? It is my understanding that voltage spikes in the vehicle will shorten the lifespan of LED arrays considerably.

Not sure about the voltage regulation. These are not for sale at $25-40 per bulb. At the price point I am going to offer them at, plus including spares in the kit, I think most people will just go with it. This is an alternative to spending $250-400 (on a 100 Series at least) to outfit your vehicle.

I have been running mine for months with no issues.

You can also check out what the 100 section thinks here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series-cruisers/467075-led-madness.html#post6451338

The only thing keeping me from posing kits and prices is that no one has responded to post #1 re: the different configurations on the 80 Series. I have all the bulbs and front socket adapters. I just need to be sure that I am spec'ing these kits correct for you guys!

The 80 I used for testing was a 94 or 95 and it only had front and middle domes. The owner of ACC Toyota told me that some of the 80s came with an additional 3rd rear dome and that some model years came with door courtesy lights.

He even let me test my door bulbs (10 LED) on a later model 80 Series that was in the shop.

Please look at the following and tell me if I am correct if I only offer the following:

Kit #1: Front Dome, Middle Dome
Kit #2: Front Dome, Middle Dome, Rear Dome
Kit #3: Front Dome, Middle Dome, Rear Dome, Door Lights
Kit #4: Front Dome, Middle Dome, Door Lights

(NOTE: ALL KITS WILL INCLUDE A SPARE BULB OF EACH TYPE)

Are all of the above configurations available in the 80 Series?

Thanks for your feedback. I look forward to making these available as soon as I get the above information! (HOPEFULLY TODAY!)

Interested, my 91 has front and center domes.

Front dome = map light? My 94 has a front, middle and rear dome light. no door lights. I would be interested in a kit depending on price. Are there any amber bulbs available?

I would be interested in option #3. Will there be a red map light like the 100s?

Sent from my DROIDX using IH8MUD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom