80 Series LED Madness!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might also have just the doors kit.

Some 80 owners have George's LEDs in the front map and the two dome lights.

Kit #2 is a go!!! Patiently waiting for prices!!:hmm:

Any thoughts on a cluster LED kit and/or a tail light/stop light/ turn light kit?

I have been running this kit in my 100 for a while now and I absolutely love it.

If you guys haven't seen the pictures from the 100 Series thread I suggest you swing by and check it out. No problems with my kit, great and easy to install.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Comparions on the 100 Series before and after. Camera was in Manual mode using the same settings on each shot.

Stock LC Lighting
Front
attachment.php

LED:
IMG_1556.JPG

Rear Stock

IMG_1575.JPG

LED:
IMG_1578.JPG

This is not a lie. Same settings for every picture. These LED's are really that bright.

2nd row seating:

Stock:

IMG_1537.JPG

LED:

IMG_1572.JPG

A few pictures from outside and different angles. I was trying to get a before and after of each bulb, but most of the pictures came out blurry or the camera set the brightness the same. Just starting with night shots. Maybe I will get creative and break out the tripod and swap the bulbs if I get REALLY bored tonight.

The light output is amazing, when was the last time you say someones interior lights plastered on the side of their house? :lol:

IMG_1565.JPG

IMG_1569.JPG

ORDERING INSTRCTIONS

A. PM me telling me you want a kit

B. Follow these steps:

1. Receive my PayPal email address
2. In PayPal go to notes to seller
3. Enter your Mud name
4. Enter your real name
5. Enter your address
6. Enter your kit #

This keeps me from having to jump back and forth between PMs, email and Paypal trying to figure out who is who and what they ordered.

Last edited:
Looks great! Just to clarify, these are plug and play no modifications required? Do you offer the front map light bulb as well?

sdnative said:
Looks great! Just to clarify, these are plug and play no modifications required? Do you offer the front map light bulb as well?

Paul's kits are plug and play. Check for polarity and flip switch and enjoy the light. Not knocking George's LED but for the 100 you must trim the housing on the 100, may not be the issue on 80's.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Those look real nice. What are the current draws and/or wattages on the different bulbs? I set my LEDs up with reduced current in mind. It is nice to be able to leave the domes on for a few days without worry of draining the battery.

Those look real nice. What are the current draws and/or wattages on the different bulbs? I set my LEDs up with reduced current in mind. It is nice to be able to leave the domes on for a few days without worry of draining the battery.

I'll get you that info. At this price point, I am hoping people are not overly concerned with how many pico-ohms-voltage-regulated-capacitor-retrofited-berylium-saturated-giga hertz these things have.

If you were paying $40 a bulb, then yes you should care.

All I know is that they work great and they draw WAAAAYYY less current than what I had in my LC before.

any plans on selling them individually?

just the front?

just the doors?

Seems like listing the bulb and the price next to it, would be quite simple, more so than a myriad of packages that someone may, or may not want. Flat rate price for shipping up to XX number of bulbs = $X.

Seems like listing the bulb and the price next to it, would be quite simple, more so than a myriad of packages that someone may, or may not want. Flat rate price for shipping up to XX number of bulbs = $X.

X2 Should be simple

Are Red led's available?

Sorry, I don't have any reds in that bulb fitting. I will look for some though.

Nope, b/c then I have to review each order and pull parts from inventory. having 3 kits is way easier b/c I can spend an hr on a weekend making them. When the order comes in I just pull the kit that I need. I do have a real job and this is basically just to help everyone out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom