80 Series GIS Skid Plate now available (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LC4LIFE

Supporting Vendor
Threads
HuddExpo is now offering the Gray Industries Skid in both Fully welded and DIY versions.

The fully welded version comes in black electroplated zinc and the DIY version is bare steel. Both kits come with frame mounts and hardware (new frame hardware qty 8 M10 grade 10.9 JIS bolts and oversized washers, frame u-bolt, and 2 M12 10.9 bolts, washers, and nuts for the TC skid support) the transmission mount nuts are reused.

Each piece of the DIY kit has been plasma cut from .25” mild steel and they interlock for simple placement for welding. The transfer case skid simply slides over the main crossmember and bolts into place for welding, then bolts are removed. New hardware for all mounting positions are included, but the transmission mount nuts are reused.

The main skid/crossmember is 36lbs and very easy to lift in to place with one person.

Simple installation fitting around factory exhaust and many aftermarket slider configurations, tested and verified with: Slee, Metal Tech, etc.

Here are some pics of both versions and here is the design thread - different take on the trans mount and skid plate

$290 for the DIY version shipped - 80 Series GIS Skid - DIY Kit
$375 for the welded, electroplated version - 80 Series GIS Skid - Fully Welded

Image-2.jpg
Image-3.jpg
IMG_3124.JPG
IMG_3139.JPG

Last edited:
Good News! Both versions back in stock and a bit ahead of target. Welded/Electroplated versions are getting hardware put together today meaning everything will be shipping out Monday or Tuesday. If you want in on this round of this sweet skid, get it ordered!

For those of you that pre-ordered, thanks a bunch, and they will be heading your way soon.

Order the welded/plated version here - 80 Series GIS Skid - Fully Welded
Order the DIY kit here - 80 Series GIS Skid - DIY Kit

David

Only two of the welded/anodized versions left. FYI - there will be a $25 price increase with the next batch. If you're on the fence, get one of these before the price goes up.

Good evening everyone,

Another batch is going into production later this week. I do however have a special opportunity for the Colorado peeps nearish to Colorado Springs. I plan to bring a pallet in to save on shipping. We will split up the savings on shipping so the more to commit, the more will be saved. If you live somewhere near (like within 75mi) of Colorado Springs, PM me and we can work it out. I already have a handful committed, but would like to get a few more so the savings are even greater. Non CO orders will be treated normally.

Thanks,

David

Last edited:
DIY kits are done and shipping soon.

Colorado peeps nearish to Colorado Springs. I am still bringing in a pallet to save on shipping. We will split up the savings on shipping so the more to commit, the more will be saved. If you live somewhere near (like within 75mi) of Colorado Springs, PM me and we can work it out. I already have a handful committed, but would like to get a few more so the savings are even greater.

I have to get final numbers on the CO pallet done by the end of the day on Sunday so if you want in let me know.

Welded/anodized versions will be getting done soon and shipping in 2-3 weeks.

Handful of black zinc ready along with some DIY versions ready to ship. Plans are to do a video and more detailed pics as soon as this damn snow stops.

Pallet o skids.jpg

Hey did anything come of the transmission pan skid? Have been eyeing the DIY skid on your site...

Hey did anything come of the transmission pan skid? Have been eyeing the DIY skid on your site...

There is another version that has been being used on another rig for a number of weeks. I expect it to come to fruition before too much longer. The fully welded are out of stock as well, but should back in stock before too much longer.

Update:

A few DIY versions still available
Welded/anodized out of stock but more will be shipping in about a week
Tranny skid a few weeks away.

Hi everyone,

For the new year we are offering 10% off to get into the next batch. This batch should ship in about 5-6 weeks.

These are killer prices for such a great skid.
$358.50 for the DIY, includes shipping
$448 for the welded & zinc coated, includes shipping.

Happy new year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom