80 Series front Swaybar Disconnects (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cannot speak to the performance of the Slee's, though the Slinky HD should be plenty stout, I will know when I install them in the next few weeks.
Nice looking rig though.

Poffint taken, *disconnecting* both can theoretically be done with the right setup.
Phil, have you designed or do you sell a disco for the rear bars? I will be purchasing a front disconnect from you in the meantime.

We have found you can get full articulation with the rear bar connected even with a HD rear bar. Testing has also shown a 15%+ increase in articulation with the front disconnected.

We do make Severe Duty rear links Land Cruiser Products - LCP - Severe Duty Rear Sway Bar Links - https://sites.google.com/site/landcruiserproducts/severe-duty-rear-sway-bar-links

that video would not help me because my driveway is not that clean! So I would be completely lost just getting under my truck! :)

Just ordered a set of sway bar disconnects. Can hardly wait to receive them and try them out.

Just ordered a set of sway bar disconnects. Can hardly wait to receive them and try them out.
They are great. Super easy to install and easy to use. Been using mine for 6-7 years now. I definitely notice the difference in articulation on the trail when sway bar is disconnected. Best of both worlds being able to drive around with front sway bar attached and wheel unattached.

Smitty

Here are a couple pics of the pin that replaces the factory bolt on the sway bar axle tab, and the disconnect holding bracket bolted up on the frame. Super easy to install, use and a well thought out design in my opinion.
IMG_4291.jpg
IMG_4292.jpg

Great looking product. I've had the rear sway bar rip out at different mounts the last 2 trips to Rubicon. Will disconnecting the front sway bar alleviate some of the flex that's being translated to the rear.

Great looking product. I've had the rear sway bar rip out at different mounts the last 2 trips to Rubicon. Will disconnecting the front sway bar alleviate some of the flex that's being translated to the rear.

I would say no, more flex in the front will transfer to the rear. BUT not to worry we offer Severe Heavy Duty Rear Links they will not fail even with your front disconnected under the most flexy conditions.

4F180115-D257-45AF-ACA9-A1E7AC914651.jpeg

1686757154406.png

I would say no, more flex in the front will transfer to the rear. BUT not to worry we offer Severe Heavy Duty Rear Links they will not fail even with your front disconnected under the most flexy conditions.

View attachment 3349109

View attachment 3349113
These links look great too. Unfortunately the sway bar bracket on the rear axle is what failed on me the last time. One of the bolts ripped out of it's hole. Not sure if it was partially stripped from a previous owner.

Don't you need limiting straps so you don't pop your springs out?

View attachment 3349109

View attachment 3349113
Do this HD rear links work with the Whiteline HD rear sway-bar?

Do this HD rear links work with the Whiteline HD rear sway-bar?

Yes read all about our links and Whiteline HD bars

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom