80 Series front Swaybar Disconnects (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just installed my new disconnect brackets, super easy install.

Usually we disconnect the front sway bar. l have seen the front sway bar mounts on the axle break at the weld when wheeling. You will get a lot better ride off road with the front sway bar disconnected. Kind of like airing down your tires.🙂
I just crawled under my 97LC and found that one of the sway bar welds is broken....as you mentioned. I’ve disconnected everything and the bracket that broke off “tore out” on the back side. Wondering how best to repair? I thought it was odd that both sides have a perfect 1/2 hole drill thru them, bracket and axle mount... but no bolt. Does a new bracket need to be welded on? Or can I bolt it on? Or both? I guess I’ll fabricate the bracket.... doubt anyone sells that part. Any advise welcomed!

I just crawled under my 97LC and found that one of the sway bar welds is broken....as you mentioned. I’ve disconnected everything and the bracket that broke off “tore out” on the back side. Wondering how best to repair? I thought it was odd that both sides have a perfect 1/2 hole drill thru them, bracket and axle mount... but no bolt. Does a new bracket need to be welded on? Or can I bolt it on? Or both? I guess I’ll fabricate the bracket.... doubt anyone sells that part. Any advise welcomed!
I upgraded mine to 1/4" and bolted them in place.

Hi Phil,

Are these still being made? i purchased a set through your website a couple weeks ago but have not gotten any confirmation or shipping notices.

Hi Phil,

Are these still being made? i purchased a set through your website a couple weeks ago but have not gotten any confirmation or shipping notices.
Yes normally no notification because we ship daily but we are currently waiting on Zinc plating,
We are expecting 130 sets this week

Are these still available for purchase? Website link doesn’t work.

Yes
Website link in my signature of every post. If you are on your phone you will need to turn it sideways to see members' signatures.

Yes
Website link in my signature of every post. If you are on your phone you will need to turn it sideways to see members' signatures.

Found it. Unfortunately I have a 92’ Hdj81. Any plans on making them for the 91-92?

Would this disconnect interfere with Timbren bump stops? Attaches to the same location?

Last edited:
Would this disconnect interfere with Timbren bump stops? Attaches to the same location?

In Stock

Sorry for the potentially dumb question, is there any reason why you would not want to disconnect both front and rear at the same time while on the trail? Does it have to be only one axle disconnected at a time? I am planning on buying at least one pair of these from you Phil, just wondering if its worth buying two pairs though.

On my 80 I'm running medium spring in the front and heavy in the rear and I don't run sway bars at all its plenty stiff hardly any sway at all I even pull a camper and can't tell I don't have sway bars

IMG-20220917-WA0052.jpeg
IMG-20221009-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20220925-WA0003.jpg

Cannot speak to the performance of the Slee's, though the Slinky HD should be plenty stout, I will know when I install them in the next few weeks.
Nice looking rig though.

Point taken, *disconnecting* both can theoretically be done with the right setup.
Phil, have you designed or do you sell a disco for the rear bars? I will be purchasing a front disconnect from you in the meantime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom